Walking-pg116899933777

7 Replies
jb - January 16

My dd just turned 11 months (on the 11th). She has been walking with assistance for 2-3 days now. She will walk while pushing something, but she won't walk if I hold her hands (I think she gets to excited). First of all I am amazed because she was doing the army crawl on Christmas day (we have it on DVD) and between then and now she has gone from army crawl to regular crawl to walking while pushing things. I am just amazed at how quickly she...and all babies learn things. Anyhow, When should I expect her to walk independently? Is there anything I can do to help her? Thanks in advance!

sahmof3 - January 16

Yay! That's exciting. I'd say just let her continue with her push toys... and if she decides she want to hold hands, do it... and it'll probably be no time at all until she's running around the place ;-)

jessb - January 16

Nope you dont have to do anything. They do learn SO fast. Probably in 1-2 weeks she will be walking all over without any a__sistance. Its so exciting isnt it? Alyssa started walking at 9 1/2 months. She is just all over the place. It drives me crazy sometimes. Once they start they dont want to stop. She just walks around the house constantly. She likes to pick something up like a toy, tv remote etc.. and just walked around and around with it. :o)

jb - January 16

LOL!!!! Thats is so cool. Everyone keeps saying "when they can crawl, your life is over" or "when they can walk, your life is over". I just don't see it that way. I am looking forward to Bridget walking. I already like the fact she can crawl at mach 3 speed and kind of keep up with me!!!! Jess, she already cracks me up by knocking down any toys that are on the fireplace hearth, or any blocks that I stack up. It is so cute to see her put things in a container too. The serious face, full of concentration!!! Sometime I laugh out loud watching her. I would love to know what they are thinking!

jessb - January 16

I know, I often wonder what they are thinking. Alyssa now is obsessed with taking her socks off, and then she tries to put them back on. She puts them on her feet but she just cant quite get it. She doesnt get to put the hole over her foot, but she tries so hard it is so funny, and she will sit there for 10 minutes trying to do it. Ha! At least thats 10 minutes I dont have to constantly worry "where is she, whats she doing, whats she getting into". Bridget sound like she is almost there since walks while pushing toys. Keep trying to take her hands and walk with her or while shes standing put a toy a few steps out of her reach and encourage her to walk to it.

jb - January 16

That is hilarious about Alyssa! I can just see a little baby trying, and trying!!! You can almost see the wheel sturning in their heads! I will try putting toys just out of her reach. Sometimes I do that, but she always bends down, gets on all 4's and crawls! I guess it will jsut take time!!!! How is Alyssa doing now? I hope in the past few days she is getting better.

cae - January 17

Hey jb. She is very close. Ethan is will turn

cae - January 17

whoops.....hit submit on accident. Ethan will turn 1 years old on Jan 26. He has been walking independtly since 10months. Sounds like your daughter is very close too. Just give it time. She will soon be very indepent in walking.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?