Weight Loss -pg116913770074

12 Replies
EricaG - January 18

Hey, for those of you who were dieting I'm just wondering how you're all doing in your weight loss?

EricaG - January 18

I'll start :o) I'm doing pretty well, the lbs aren't melting off anymore though, it's more like they're SLOWLY dripping off. I hear that the last 10 lbs are the hardest to lose and that's what I'm on so I guess I knew what to expect. I'm at 134.4 and want to be at 125, so 9.6 more lbs to go. My husband and I have decided to change our eating habits to raise Abby in a more healthy environment. We've started usign fresh ingredients instead of canned or boxed dinners. We don't fry our chicken in b___ter anymore, instead we cook it in our Gerorge Foreman grill. We've started using wheat bread and pasta instead of enriched... just a lot of changes. It doesn't taste as good but I know we'll get used to it. So, that's how I'm doing. How about you? Come on, give me some good news! lol :o)

Shea - January 18

Well I wish I only had 10 to go....but I am doing good, 12lbs down since Jan 3rd. I had a small disaster with my son's 1st birthday (cake, pizza, ugh) but got right back on track. Thats great about changing your eating habits. I am eating mostly fresh foods too (some frozen veggies) and not cooking in oil. I wish dh would join me but not going to happen, lol. How old is your dd? My son is eating pretty much anything at this point, but he really wants to feed himself, so that is a challenge.

vonzo - January 18

Well done Erica thats great!! I've lost 9lbs (i'm now 160lbs) in a week and a half, 2 inches from my waist and 2 from my hips. My hubby started this diet with me but gave up after 2 days lol. He doesnt really need to lose any weight anyway lucky git! I've got another 25lbs to lose and i'm hoping for it to be gone by April. I've only just started and am feeling pretty positive so fingers crossed it will continue. I'm doing the Rosemary Conely Ultimate GI jeans diet. It incorporates low fat with low GI and seems to be working. The first few days were tough but it's not so bad now.1200cals for 1st 2 weeks then on Sunday i can up them to 1500 and include a naughty treat i'm dreaming of maltesers :o)

vonzo - January 18

and you too Shea, we posted at the same time.

EricaG - January 18

Sheam 12 lbs is great! Its great that you didn't let getting off track on your son's birthday ruin your diet. I'm sorry your dh isn't joining you :o( It was hard to get my husband to go along with it but he did in the end. He is only 22 years old and has high blood pressure (genetics) he's been on blood pressure medication for it since he was 18 but he's never tried to do anything to lower it. He's not overweight but he eats A LOT of sodium, so that's why I'm trying to get rid of boxed and canned foods. I even got him to start drinking this banana smoothie that I make for him, it's supposed to help lower high blod pressure. Next step is trying to get his b___t on the exercise bike for a half hour 5 days a weeek, lol. My dd is 6 months old but I want me and my dh to get into the habit of eating healthy foods before she starts to eat the foods that we do. She is still exclusively b___stfed but we'll start her on rice cereal this Saturday. Vonzo, 9 lbs in 2.5 weeks is wonderful! Sorry your hubby gave up, I must be really lucky that my dh will eat whatever I feed him, lol! I'm glad that you're both doing so well. Just remember that a lot of people hit plateaus in their weight loss. That doesn't mean give up though, you gotta just keep working. I plateaued at 139 for a couple of months and was very frustrated, it was my dh's encouragement that got me through. He'd always say "It's ok honey, you know what's at the end of a big plateau? A straight drop off!" In the end it turned out that I had to add some exercise to my routine to keep the weightloss going, but I like exercising now :o)

EricaG - January 18

sorry, that was supposed to be *Shea,* not *Sheam*

vonzo - January 18

1.5wks erica :o) sorry just really chuffed with myself. I;ve never stuck to a diet before now. My hubby still eats the "diet" food that i cook, he'll just have an extra portion of it. Growing lad and all that hehe He's gonna set up a workout programme for me on his multi gym thing, i dread that day lol

Shea - January 18

Erica, my husband has high blood pressure too, and is on 2 different meds, eats tons of sodium too, but do you think he would actually do anything about it, ha. He is much older of course, 42, instead of 22, but has been on meds since he was 29. I joke that he is on the meat diet, because that is all he ever wants to eat, but he weighs less than me so he won't listen to anything I have to say. Maybe after I lose more, he will get motivated!

EricaG - January 18

lol, vonzo, I actually meant to type 1.5 weeks. :o) Shea, Sorry your hubby won't try to get his High BP down :o( does he like bananas? I could give you the banana smoothie recipie. I'm kind of dreading the low sodium part of the diet because I love salt! But I'm allowed to love salt, lol, my blood preessure averages about 85/ 50.

vonzo - January 18

luckily i hate salt so don't have that issue, i can relate on the whole hubby being a carnivore thing though. If i make something with no meat my hubby will go to the fridge grab a handful of ham and stick it in his dinner! i'm sure he was a t-rex in a past life!

Shea - January 18

T-rex, rofl!! Yes, the other night he walked by me with a "snack" which was a handful of ham & bacon, ugh. Maybe I could tell him its' a "ham" smoothie.

sahmof3 - January 18

Well, I have to start mine... yeah, I'm a procrastinator! We have made some changes alredy, though... and being sick the last few days with no appet_te has helped lol. vonzo... t-rex is the nickname we have for our youngest two kids... not for their eating, but because they are little monsters hehe. T-rex stands for Toddlersaurus Rex(es) around here ;-)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?