Weight Question-pg117171864627

21 Replies
soimpatient - February 17

Congrats Mommies!!! I am still pg and I am starting to get worried about my weight. I was wondering how much you gained and how long it took to lose all/most of it? Did you lose a lot the during the first few weeks post-partum? I just want to know what I'm in for:) Thanks!

AmandaManns - February 17

Well I am not a good example as I have had a really really hard time losing my weight. I gained 40 lbs when I was pregnant and my son is now 14 months and I still have to lose 8 more lbs to get to pp weight. I did not b___stfeed and I work and go to school full time so it makes it hard for me to workout. I am finally almost there and I can see the end of the road, but it is very hard to lose the weight. Good luck!!!

lexa - February 17

Well, I guess Im not a good example either. I gained 15 lbs with my dd, lost 20 within the first 3 weeks, then gained back 10. Yikes!!! So I have a lot of toning to do on top of losing weight. It will come off if you eat right and try to incorporate some type of physical activity. Dont worry about it now! I know its hard not to, but it will be okay.

shelly - February 17

im trying to lose mine,my ds is 7 months and i went up to almost 15 stone [gulp]when i was at the end of my pregnancy, im now 12 10[ish]and have been doing watchers ,i need to get to about 11 to be right weight for my height so ive still got 25 pounds to go, its so hard.everyone told me not to go so mad scoffing when i was pregnant but i couldnt help it and i knew it was the only time that id be able to go mad and not deny myself anything but i do regret it now as i did scoff everything in sight and i am having a hard time getting rid of it now. i lost about a stone and a bit post partum in the first few weeks but i still had swollen ankles for weeks,i didnt b___stfeed, how far along are you soimpatient. im not a god example either as ive not got a lot of willpower lol.

shelly - February 17

a good example not a god example lol

Deirdra - February 17

I technically only gained 1 lb...i had lost 13 in the very beginning and ganied 14 back...i lost the weight b/c i ddint eat for 3 weeks b/c of horrible morning sickness...and HAH i weigh more now then i did full term...i was a sahm mommy for like 3 months and did nothing but eat and take care of the baby...so now im working and wlaking and trying to eat right and i havent checked my wiegh but some of my pants are fitting me better....

Dawn - February 17

You have to remember that it has taken 9 months to put the weight .

shelly - February 17

yes i always thought that too dawn, well i got another 2 months lol, but i always think its takes a good nine months for your body to totally recover and go back to normal[ish] lol

tnmommyof2 - February 17

I gained 80 lbs with my son. He's now 12 months and I still have about 10 lbs to lose.

Rhiannon - February 17

I gained 32 with my girls and I lost most of it right away. But after doing nothing but sit around and watch babies sleep for about3-5 months I gained a lot. Now that they are a bit more energetic I should be able to lose more. I hope. It is also winter so I can't just get out and walk with the girls.

BriannasMummy - February 17

I gained 19lbs with my last pregnancy. By the time I got to my 6 week appointment, I lost it all plus 4 lbs. WOOHOO! ~Kristin~

sahmof3 - February 17

I lost b/w 10-20 lbs. with each of mine and lost another 20-30 after delivery, but gained it back afterward. Keep in mind that I am normally over 200 to start with, though.

Hi - February 17

I've had 3 sons.With first gained 57 lbs,lost it within 3 weeks post partum.Was deathly sick so that helped,lol.With second I gained 54 lbs lost it within 5 weeks.The third one I gained 55 lbs and lost it in 9 1/2 weeks.Was a bit harder each time but I didn't do anything special.I ate normal amounts ,just get so busy taking care of babies it seems to fall off me,lol.

SuzieQ - February 17

I weighed 142 prepregnancy and gained 38lbs. My dd is 4 1/2 mos old, and I am 152lbs now, so I have 10 more lbs to lose. I am 5' 8" and b___stfeeding, so I'm getting there. I haven't dieted, but I do walk everyday for up to an hour at a time if I can. I'm hoping by summer I'll get my muscles a little more toned looking :)

soimpatient - February 17

Thanks for sharing your stories!! Anyone else??

vonzo - February 18

I am a HUGE manatee at the moment!! I didn't over eat when i was pregnant because i got really full really quickly, and i had food poisoning so lost a fair amount then. But when dd finally turned up i ate like a starved wilderbeast!! I've got 2 and a bit stone to lose before i reach my goal weight but i think im only about 8-10lbs over what i was before i got pregnant after having lost about 10lbs (ish) already. Dd is just over 5 months.

aprilmum - February 18

I gained 25 lbs. Went home from the hospital in my regular clothes. Before I got pregnant I weighed 135 lbs. I now weigh 102 lbs and my son is 9.5 months old. I am still bf and trying my hardest not to lose another pound. I have never had a problem not wanting to gain weight, its weird!!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?