What Does This Mean -pg113813658118

6 Replies
Sarah-Natalees mama - January 24

I have this book called "Your Baby from Birth to 18 Months". Anyway, it says this in a part where they talk about SIDS " It is normal for a baby up to three months to have a breathing pattern of light panting followed by a pause that last a few seconds." Does this mean since my baby still has a breathing pattern like this at 5 months that something is wrong? Her dr. didn't seem concerned when I told him. Thanks

Meredith - January 24

Probably not a problem. If you told your doc, then nothing is probably wrong. They listen to thier breathing at doc's appts.

Sarah-Natalees mama - January 25

Thanks, I know I'm just being paranoid. I guess no one else notices if there baby breaths that way while sleeping.

KrisD - January 25

My son is 5 mos and still breathes like that - especially at night. The other night I was up for 1/2 an hour just listening b/c I was a little nervous about it.

Christy - January 25

Every baby develops differently. Just like some kids learn to sit up or crawl later does not mean that something is wrong with them. I am sure it will go away eventually. :)

Meredith - January 26

Since reading your post yesterday, I was listening to my little girl sleep, and she was doing it too. I could not sleep listening to it. :-)

Sarah-Natalees mama - January 26

Yes, if I listen/look at her sleeping I can't sleep. I was awake for over 3 hrs straight last week while she was sleeping. I could've gotten 3HRS OF SLEEP. But no, I just couldn't fall back asleep. So I have to turn the other way- w/ my back facing her. It is still hard sometimes.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?