What To Do-pg113797600518

8 Replies
Jennifer - January 22

I have a baby girl that is going to be 4 weeks on Wed. I can't beleive that she is going to be 4 weeks already. She has her days and nights mixed up really bad. She will sleep at night but it takes a long time to get her to sleep. During the day she will fall asleep in a second but not at night. I can't sleep during the day it is just to hard to fall asleep when everyone else is up. Is there anything that I can do to help her with the day and night thing. Also what about a schedule. How can I try to get her on a schedule. I get so frustrated sometimes because she should sleep at night and I would love to spend a couple of hours durning the day playing with her not at night when my husband and I want to go to bed!

karen - January 22

Oh boy been there... so sorry but there is little you can do right now. My little boy is 5 months next week and he has just started to sleep durning the night. Got his nights and days sorted out just a couple of weeks ago. sont worry after another month or so you will get use to it. I know it drives you crazy. Oh yea playing with her will only incourage the staying up. I did it with my son ( I use to read to him and play) Guess what he got use to it. Only recently I had to brake him from it. Not saying not to do it but keep it at a minimal. Also whenever and for hwevr long she is awake in the day, Play sing read etc to her. She will get it soon. all the best....

karen - January 22

sorry for typos.

Jennifer - January 22

Thanks for the advice. She is not that bad of a night sleeper but sometimes she stays awake from 10 pm to 1 am and that is not right!!!!!!! On the weekends it is ok but not during the weekdays!

Meredith - January 22

With my first baby, I thought I needed to make a schedule. Actually, the baby makes the schedule, you just have to tweak it a little to be where it is supposed to be. You have to keep your baby awake as much as possible during the day, so that she gets her long stretches of sleep at night. Your baby HAS to have so many hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. I have a 4 week old girl too, she sleeps 5 hours begining around 8-10pm, takes a bottle, goes back to sleep for 4 more hours. She used to mix up days and nights, but I fixed it by keeping her awake for 1.5 - 2 hours at a time during the day. I also keep lights low for nighttime feeding and do not talk much or play with her. Hope this helps!

Jennifer - January 23

Meredith, thanks for the info. I try to keep her up for about 1.5 or 2 hours during the day but boy is it hard to keep her awake if she wants to sleep. I will try harder at it and see if it works. Congrats on your little one!

keeks - January 23

Hello Jen, you may want to put her on a mini routine before bedtime. You could try giving her a bath before bed to calm her down. Do you think she could have gas? Colic sometimes kick in around this time. Try some gas drops. You never know what could make a baby fussy. Soon you will be a pro and know what she is crying about. Take care

Jen - January 23

Karen: Oh boy! We did that! She was getting tummy achs for about 4 night in a row so we changed her formula and she is now taking gas drops as well just in case. So things have gotten better but I would just like to get her on a schedule for the night. She is not to thrilled about the whole bath thing because she hates to be cold. She did better on Saturday with her bath. How often should I give her a head to toe bath? How often should I wash her down with just water? I was washing her hair everyday because she semed to like it but I stopped because I thought it was to much to often.

kris A. - January 23

My little girl is 8 weeks old now, and I found that I had to turn the tv on for her to be soothed at nighttime. We live on a farm and have lots of kids and their friends in the house at all times, and the LACK of noise is what made her unsettled...

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?