What To Do-pg11726958225

4 Replies
AlissaF - February 28

Okay, so my son (8 months) has always been amazing with sleeping. He usually wakes up once or twice and I give him a bottle and he goes back to sleep. Not the case for the past 2 nights. He has been waking up every 1-2 hours screaming and screams and cries for at least an hour. Nothing will calm him down. I'm pretty sure it is teething. He already has 1 tooth and that one came in fairly problem free. Not the case now. I have been trying everything I can think of to help him and nothing works. No matter what I do, he keeps crying. During the day, he is fine... sleeps, plays, is happy... but come night and it is a different story. Anyone have any suggestions? I feel helpless and I don't know what to do. I've tried bottle, teething ring, tylenol, teething tabs, walking, rocking, playing, putting him in the swing, teething gel, letting him cry... he's obviously uncomfortable and tired and nothing works. Any suggestions????

Rabbits07 - February 28

Oh, poor baby! (and poor mommy, too!) Sounds like you've tried about everything. Hopefully the tooth will come through VERY soon and things will get back to normal. Also, wanted to mention that I've read that alot of times when babies are meeting a developmental milestone (sitting alone, crawling, walking, etc.) that it sometimes causes sleep disturbances and once they master the skill their sleep patterns will return to normal. Not sure if it would cause the excessive crying at night, but just thought I would put that thought out there. Hope all gets better very soon!

AlissaF - February 28

Thanks for the reply Rabbits! i don't think it is a developmental milestone issue because he started crawling about a month ago and is quite good at it now and I now it will be a while before he is ready to walk. I've never heard of that though... I learned something new today! I too hope this tooth comes through soon... not sure how much of this I can take. And... he is awake from his nap... gotta go

LisaB - February 28

Has he been sick at all? Iask cuz it could be an ear infection. My ds had one and had no fever, or any sign til at night time when he would flip out he even napped well it turned out to be an ear infection so just something to think about. If it is just teeth I would give tylenol and motrin you can switch off on the two call your pharmacist for the right times/ dose

AlissaF - February 28

I too thought it was an ear infection and actually took him to the dr yesterday and nope, no infection. He has had a slight fever, really runny nose, runny eyes, and a cough... but I know that most of those are symptoms of teething. I will try the motrin/tylenol switch.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?