Menstrual Like Cramps-pg114643286618

3 Replies
BabySage - April 30

I am 37 weeks now and I have been having some menstrual like cramping for the past 24 hours. I also have some mild va___al pains and super sore back and hips. Is the menstrual cramping normal and what causes it? I am posting this in a couple of locations sorry but hopefully it will help me get a range of answers so sorry for repeating myself :)

ChannY - May 1

maybe your body is getting ready for labor. do you get concraction? if its every 5mins, go to the H to check for dilation or something

krista-lee - May 1

i feel the same! my doctor said it was because the baby is headed down as far as she can, and it streaches the uterine & groin muscles. also, if the baby is faced towards your back, it causes a lot of back pain because its head cant flex around the pubic bone as well.! good luck!

Jamie - May 3

During the first 10 or so hours of labor following my induction, my contractions felt like menstrual cramps. At that point, I was dilated to about a 5 and the doctor broke my water to really get things going. So, you might wanna give your doctor a call and see if maybe you're in pre-labor.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion