What Is Going On -pg116896116148

2 Replies
dopsonad - January 16

I got sick a while back and got dehydrated. I ended up going to the ER and having contractions. I dilated a little but not much. Then on Friday I ended up getting sick with a stomach virus and wasn't able to keep anything down... So yet again another trip to the ER. Well contractions started again. I dilated more but the doctor sent me home. I continued to have contractions and am still having them.... They aren't regular but they HURT. I am uncomfortable and am having cramps also. Plus I had pains like something stabbing me in my chest and upper abdomen last night. Are these signs of labor? I was dilated to 1 and 40% effaced on Saturday at 8:30 am. I have a feeling I have dilated more now. When should I call my dr?

kaybee123 - January 17

I'd call right away. I'm going through the same thing. I don't have chest pain but I had a hard time keeping down food and fluids so I had to have IV twice a couple of weeks ago. Of course dehydration will make you contract. Try to stay hydrated. My midwife suggested the brat diet. Bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. And clear liquids. Hope you feel better.

2foofy4u - February 1

How many weeks are you? Being dehydrated can send you into preterm labor... are they cramps or contractions? Are your pains on one the right side of your chest/rib cage then radiate to your back? Did they do a fetal fibronectin test ( a v____al swab that can tell if you're in preterm labor)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion