Alcohol-pg115245853818

2 Replies
hlsep - July 9

I am 33 years old and I found out over a week ago that I am pregnant with my second child. I'm thinking that I am now about 6 weeks pregnant. Before knowing I was pregnant, I drank a bottle of wine or the equivilant to that in alcohol every evening for the last month and a half or so. I stopped drinking the day I found out I was pregnant, but I am still very concerned. I know that there is nothing I can do about it now, but is there are good chance that I can have a healthy, and happy baby? I'm VERY worried. HELP!

Jokat - July 11

Hey there! First off, let me tell you to try not to worry. I'm currently 6 weeks preg. too and I know what you're going through. I have a 4 yr. old son and he came as quite a surprise back then. I was quite a little alcoholic at that time and I only found out I was pregnant at about 10 weeks. I had always had irregular periods so I didn't really think much of it at that time. I was drinking ALOT everyday and when I found out I was preg. I was freaked out!! I'll reasure you by saying my son is perfect. I quit the drinking as soon as I found out and I was also a very heavy smoker (2 pks./day) and quit that cold turkey too! My son has suffered no ill effects from my partying that's for sure. As long as you stopped as soon as you found out then I would think it is safe to say things should be ok. Hope we can talk again. If you've got any questions don't hesitate to ask! Good luck!!

krissy79 - July 16

I posted questions about this before as well...Jokat....you said you drank every day for about 10 weeks? For real? And your son turned out okay?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion