HCG LEVELS -pg114445197418

1 Replies
NURISMOM - April 7

My period was due on Mar 23 but it didn't come. I took a hpt on March 26 and it was positive later on that evening I started to bleed. I went to the doctor the next day and he did a urine test and internal to confirm the pregnancy(Positive) He also ordered that I take a blood test (HCG) since I was spotting. My first result was 254 on Mar 27. I repeated the test on Mar 30 and the result was 129. At this point I was told this was more than likely a failed pregnancy. I repeated the test again on Apr 3 and it dropped to 79. As of today I was told it was at 50 from the test I took on Apr 5. I feel like I'm further along than what they are implying and I'm uncertain of what this all means. My doctor never did an ultrasound or listened for a heartbeat!!! I'm simply being diagnosed based on HCG level numbers!! Is this standard procedure??

GraceRenee - April 8

In early pregnancy your HCG levels should double approximately every 2-3 days. If your levels are not rising properly it usually indicates a problem with the pregnancy. Falling HCG levels indicate an impending miscarriage. I am so sorry this is happening to you. I have had two miscarriages myself. Let yourself grieve, this is a great place to get support from ladies who have been there.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion