Should I Worry -pg121041184920

2 Replies
1stTimeMum - May 10

I just found I am pregnant for the first time and tonight I had some light reddish blood like a period but its gone now and there wasn't much and a little cramping. I am five weeks neally six weeks should I be concern?

FinallyPreggers - May 10

I was told that any bleeding should be reported to a doctor. Having said that, I spotted brown at 6 weeks for about 3 weeks - I'm 12 weeks now and all is fine. They told me brown blood is old blood, so I shouldn't be worried. They said red blood should be checked out, more so if you are filling a pad. When my spotting picked up, I went to the ER (since I couldn't get into my OB). They checked that my cervix was closed and my hcg was ok. They also did an ultrasound to make sure baby was ok (just a warning about having an ultrasound so early - they can barely see anything so it usually causes more worry than help). They guessed my spotting was from my fibroid. Other causes of spotting include: s_x (if you had any within the last few days) and something to do with hormones, so if you were expecting your period tonight, it could be that. There are others, but I don't remember. Can you call your doctor's office? It is most likely nothing, but for peace of mind, it should be checked out. Please let us know how it goes and congratulations!

1stTimeMum - May 10

Yes I am OK today I am seeing my local doctor tomorrow because they aren't open on weekends and hopefully she be able to get me to have a ultrasound. I still feel pregnant, tired, really hungry, really sore BBS and they seem to grow overnight and going to the loo frequently hopefully everything will be ok.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?