Stupid Question-pg114375838518

5 Replies
mandee25 - March 30

Ok this is dumb but if you have a miscarriage and there is a chance you are carrying twins, do they do an ultrasound before they do a d/c? Just to make sure there isn't another baby in there first?

lu - March 30

I really think it depends , it may be that you los one or both , You should really ask your dr

mcatherine - March 30

I would think an ultrasound should be performed prior to a d/c regardless of whether you were carrying twins. Miscarriage doesn't automatically mean a d/c should be performed - did they give reason to be doing the d/c? Unless the miscarriage was fetal demise and the baby is still inside of you - that would mean you have had an ultrasound and the procedure would be a d/e. If you were pregnant with twins and only lost one - they wouldn't be doing a d/c.

mandee25 - March 30

This hasn't happened to me but I just wanted to know. Thanks.

nha - March 31

They did and u/s before doing D&C with me last year. They should do....if they don't do it you should insist on doing an u/s

Erin1979 - April 4

If you have a m/c and they tell you that you need a d&c, that means that you were far enough along that your body will not reabsorb the tissue, therefore you should have already had an u/s done to determine twins, and you should request a u/s before any procedure is done.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion