Abortion-pg121025146078

10 Replies
jaabaar - May 8

I had an abortion one week ago. It is really difficult and heartbreaking. Since a few days I am discharging small bones (up to 5mm big). I am collecting all of them. It really is distressing. Can this make me infertile? I went to my GP and she said it is normal. But I was reading on the internet that if bones are retained it makes you infertile. Please help with some info or experiences you have. thank you.

katie37 - May 8

Honey, this is a site for women who have had miscarriages and are trying desperately to get pg again. You might try one of the other boards. Some people might take offense to your post on here.

jaabaar - May 8

I had to have an abortion for medical reasons, not out of convenience and I am very desperate to get pg again. I will not come back again. Sorry for offending. Was not aware I was offending.

katie37 - May 8

Jaabaar, I'm sorry, I did not mean to offend you. Please don't take it that way. I don't know the answer to your question but there are lots of ladies on here that have been through hell and back that probably could answer it so please don't go. Check back and maybe someone will post.

stefkay - May 8

jaabaar, I am very sorry for your loss...I apologize as I was confused too when I read your post. Most of us relate the term "abortion" to something that is chosen whereas the same medical procedure that is not something we want (for medical reasons) most here refer to as a D&C. I am not sure of the answer either to your question--are you in the US or elsewhere? I've been on these forums for some time and have never heard of small bones being discharged after a procedure like this. Everything should have been removed with the procedure!!! How far along were you?

jaabaar - May 8

Dear Stefkay, I am sorry I used the wrong words and caused confusion. I was exactly 14 weeks. I am in the uk. It is very distressing I cant stop crying. I dont know where else to go. My partner is very supportive. Everybody thinks that making me believe it never existed makes it better for me. But the last thing as a mother which I never was I can do for my baby I never had is to ensure it is not forgotten. I am so worried I cannot have children again. thank you for your time and please I am sorry If i used the wrong words.

jaabaar - May 8

Thank you for letting me stay.

tuesdaypm - May 8

Hi jaabaar, I'm sorry you are going through this, I too am in the uk, what led to your termination? You must go back to the dr, they should've removed everything with the procedure? If there is anything left you could get an infection which COULD affect you getting preg again!! See a diff dr if you can?? let me know? hope you ok :)

decbaby - May 8

Dear JAABAAR, im so sorry for your loss and i completly understand your desire to keep the memory of your baby going my heart goes to you and i hope you will always come back here for support as this helps a lot i talk out of experience as im schdualed for a d&c (abortion) on saturday anyways im sorry for your loss again and i hope that you can ttc again and that you will carry a healthy baby full term unfortunatlly i have no answer to you question but i really pray for you that all ends well and again please feel more than welcome to come back for support.

tuesdaypm - May 8

Decbaby sorry for your situation, hope you too are ok xxxx

Teddyfinch - May 9

Jaabaar: you might find out about a d&c to remove the bones before they cause possible damage, although if the embryo was young enough, the bones may not be hard enough to do real damage. may i ask, what was wrong with the baby?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?