Am I Having A Miscarriage -pg114962884018

5 Replies
JackieMcDaniel - June 6

After trying for a year, I finally got pregnant, but miscarried at 6 weeks in March. I am 6 weeks pregnant, again and have started bleeding (no cramping). I had an ultrasound a week ago that showed a baby with a strong heartbeat. 2 days ago, I started light bleeding. My OB put me on progesterone and the bleeding immediately stopped. Started bleeding, again, today, though. Still, no cramps, but passed a small amount of pink tissue. Am I having another miscarriage?

Lavender - June 7

JackieMcD--Have you called your doc yet? I have always heard that once you hear a heartbeat things start to look good. I do know that slight bleeding is often normal in the 1st trimester. Is it bright red? I have also heard that bright red is not so good. Have they been monitoring your quants? You should probably get another ultrasound--if they resist I would insist on it or switch doctors. I had a d&c in April due to my missed m/c and had to switch doctors just becuase they were so incredibly insensitive to my situation. I will say a prayer for you right now!! Big hugs to you!! L

JackieMcDaniel - June 9

I have an appointment, today, to go back and see what's going on. I still feel pregnant, but, I've also read that the side effects of the progesterone mimic pregnancy symptoms. So, wish me luck.

hcw - June 9

Hi Jackie - I'm so sorry for your loss in march; i too m/c'd in march and am currenttly ttc. with the last pg, i started spotting at 5w and my dr put me on progesterone. i was on it until 11w. four or five days after i stopped taking it, i had spotting again which sent me to my dr for the scan that indicated that the pg had actually ended at 8w. i had my m/c within a week of that, naturally. i'll telling you all this because it was exactly my fear when the dr put me on prog that it would mask what might really be going on with my pg. i had intense symptoms after i started taking the prog, but had only had mild ones before. almost immediately after i stopped taking it, my symptoms went away. i know it's been very helpful to many women so i don't want to poo poo it, but i feel like i won't take it again because if it's going to happen, i'd rather it happen sooner than later. maybe that's wrong, but my levels had been high (ie. my body was able to produce high levels) but had fallen sharply - now i think it was because the pg wasn't viable. of course this is all just my opinion, and many dr's a__sured me that my concerns were unfounded, so take it all with a grain of salt... my fingers and toes and eyes are crossed for you - like i said the prog has worked for many many women and the scan will set your mind at rest. good luck today! we'll be rooting for you and your bean. baby dust!

JackieMcDaniel - June 9

Thank you, so much, for the information and your experience. Alot of people don't realize how hard a miscarriage is on you, even if it is very early. I have had 2, already and maybe this time, too. Yesterday, I was so hopeful. Today, I'm not so sure. I've prayed and prayed. So, I'll go to my appointment, today, and hope for the best and prepare for the worst......I'm so sorry for your loss in March. I know how fresh it still is. But, I wish you all the luck and Blessings in getting pregnant, again, and soon. God Bless you and your future little Angel.

JackieMcDaniel - June 9

Hi, guys. I just got back from my doctor's appointment and all is well. The ultrasound showed that the baby has a strong heartbeat and is growing normally. I cried so hard out of happiness. Gotta go back in 2 weeks for a progress report. The progesterone seems to be working for me. Thanks for everyone's support. And, God Bless You All.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?