BBT-pg119051140879

4 Replies
jessica0701 - September 22

Question im new at charting bbt so I was wondering if someone could please tell me when your temperature rise I know it means that you have ovulated, but how long should it stay elevated? Thanks for your help Jess

oncemore - September 22

It will rise after/during ovulation and then will fall again when your period is approaching/here. If you become pg, then your temp can fluctuate, but should remain above the cover line and you should really stop temping after a positive hpt because due to pregnancy hormones, your temp. can very from day to day and cause undue stress or make you nervous about the pregnancy being successful or not. Good luck! A wonderful site to get ALL the information your heart would desire on the subject is: w w w dot fertilityfriend dot com

jessica0701 - September 22

Thanks so much for answering you have helped alot. After having 2 miscarriages and finding the problem I cant wait to get pregnant again!! thanks Jess

JuJu - September 23

Hi Jessica; the timeframe immediately after you have ovulated, till the time you have your period, is called the 'luteal phase'. The number of days it last ( during which your temp should stayed raised) varies from woman to woman, but the average is around 13 or 14 days. A luteal phase of less than 10 days is considered too short when trying to conceive. And I agree with oncemore.....the 'fertility friend' website is great! Good luck with your ttc.......I had two miscarriages too before I had my baby girl, so hang in there :) JuJu

jessica0701 - September 23

Thanks JuJu, it does help alot hearing success stories after having 2 miscarriages, It gives me hope! Thanks again, Jess

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?