Confused-pg11994891588

2 Replies
sc - January 4

Hi, I have recently had a ectopic preg and was treated using to seperate doses of 100mg of methotrexate, 1 on the 8th oct, 1 on the 24th oct. following this I was told I could try again after 3 months by the doctors looking after me then given a print out saying i should wait 6 months. I want to try again asap but not with putting a preg at risk. Has anyone had a similar problem and do you know of any reliable information i can look at? thanks.

Mrs.Hath - January 5

Hello SC. I am so sorry for your loss. This is the number one question that pops up after m/c. While I'm no doctor, most of us on the forum believe you can safely try after one period. I can go on and on why. Instead, I'll point you to the following article: pregnancyloss dot info/trying_again dot htm. Doctors will tell you 3 to 6 months for emotion reasons, not so much physical reasons. However, you do need to have one normal period to allow your body to heal.

sc - January 6

hello Mrs.Hath. Thank you for responding to my Q, I tried to look up the address you gave me but it has expired and is no longer available. I am just concerned about the effects of methotrexate still being in my body and therefore effecting the baby. Do you know of any other good places to try for info? I am really shocked at howw little information there is available about this treatment and how vaige what you do find is. I really want to try again but want to do so with confidence, and without worrying I have done it to soon.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?