D Amp C QUESTION-pg11065273168

15 Replies
angeleyes - January 23

What happens when u get a D&C?What do the doctors do?

kate - January 24

No need to worry ,you will be asleep..waking up in recovery.Drs. will remove any conceptual material from your uterus.Discomfort could follow...especially if you suffer gas pains.I found peppermint tea very helpful in recovering..also Ovol 180.

angeleyes - January 24

how long does a D&C take?

kate - January 24

The actual surgical procedure take about 5 to 10 minutes.

angeleyes - January 24

do u have 2 like stay in the hospital 4 days?

Cathy - January 24

No, you don't need to stay at the hospital. I didn't anyways, after I woke up they let me go home in an hour, I could have spent the night but there was no need.

angeleyes - January 24

thanx

kate - January 24

A D&C is performed on an outpatient basis..day surgury..like Cathy said you would go home 1 or 2 hours after.However, be prepared to wait hours prior to surgury...admitting, preparing..iv insertion.Nothing to eat after midnight and nothing to drink after 9am.Hasn't your doctor explained anything to you?

angeleyes - January 25

if i go in,say, around 12:00am,what time can i go home?

kate - January 25

I went in around noon and left about 7pm that night.

angeleyes - January 25

ok, thank u lots :)

angeleyes - January 25

i meant 12:00pm..lol sorry

angie - February 8

I had a D&C on yesterday 2/07/05 at 7:30p.m. I was admitted to the out patient surgery area. The nurses had me undress completely. After that they put in an IV. Everthing went really fast, they wheeled me to the O.R. on the strecther then I was medicated and put totally to sleep. When I awoke I was in recovery and it felt like only seconds had pa__sed. It was I hour later. The nurse asked me how I felt and told me when I felt was ready, she would help me get dressed so I could go home. So you won't see much of what the doctor does and hopefully every one who hws to endure this will be just fine. It's my opion no thing they could do in that procedure is worse than the pain I feel from losing my baby. Good Luck .

stacey - February 8

My D&E was almost the same experience as Angie's. I didn't think it was bad at all!

LISHA - April 30

HOW LONG DO YOU WAIT TO HAVE s_x AFTER AN D & C? DO YOU PERIOD START AFTER YOU HAVE AN D & C?

Andrea - May 1

They say to wait 7 days to have s_x after a D&C in order to avoid the risk of infection.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?