Ectopic Pregnancy-pg113192881718

17 Replies
*Susan* - November 13

Hi, I am recovering from an ectopic pregnancy...I first had surgery to remove the embyro and then had one round of mexotrexate. My pregnancy hormone level has finally dropped to 42 and we are hoping in week it will be down to 0...I am so ready to start trying again. I have been having a lot of pain on my right side...Its like a constant stabbing pain. Has anyone else been through this and want to talk? I have been an emotional wreck and my husband doesn't seem to understand.

*Susan* - November 13

It feels so good to talk to people that have been through what all I have been through...It has been such an emotional roller coaster...some days I am fine and others I am a complete basket case. How far along were you? How old are you? I am just so ready to get this behind me so we can start trying again. Well, last monday my level was 108 and on friday it was 42...I am hoping it won't take much longer to get to 0. When did ya'll start trying again?

Jody - November 14

Susan, I was only 5 weeks and I am 32 years old. I was told to wait 2-3 cycles before trying again. What did they tell you?

*Susan* - November 15

They told me to wait 2...but he said it hasnt been studied so it's not proven that you have to wait that long. My husband and I are not waiting very long b/c it will probably take a few months to get regular anyways. What are ya'll going to do?

Jody - November 15

Susan, Make sure you wait because methotrexate is a serious medication that could harm the baby if you become pregnant again.I got my perios 2 wekks after the shot. Be careful and use protection. You could get pregnant without having a period too!

*Susan* - November 15

I have been bleeding for 10 days now....it sucks...We are definately going to wait until my body is better and I am emotionally well.

Jody - November 16

Hi Susan, You are welcome to join a support group I have started under the thread"Pregnancy After Methotrexate". There is 4 of us who have all gone through pretty much of the same experience and are currently trying again. One girl is pregnant already! I talk to these girls on a daily basis and it has helped me so much through this horrible ordeal. Join In!

Allie - November 22

HI Susan. I had an ectopic last spring, and had surgery after my tube ruptured. I am happy to report I am now 9 1/2 weeks pregnant in my uterus!! The pain you are feeling is very normal following an ectopic. I occasionally still will feel twinges around the site of the surgery scar. I did not have to take mexotrexate as they completely removed the embryo and my right tube, but we waited until I was no longer in physical pain to start TTC. it took about 7 months to concieve. I actually concieved about 2 weeks before my due date with the baby I lost (which helped to pa__s that emotional milestone).

Kristi - December 6

I just had an ectopic pregnancy at 6 weeks and had surgery to remove the embryo and my left tube last week. I am devastated and need to talk to others who have gone through the same experience. My family and friends have been very supportive but none of them have gone through this kind of loss.

Allie - December 6

Hi Kristi. I went through the same thing last spring (lost right tube). it is a horrible experience. I would like to give you some hope, though. I am currently pregnant again, and it is a healthy pregnancy in the womb. Anything I can answer I would be happy to, or just feel free to vent.

Kristi - December 7

Hi Allie. Thank you for responding. I am so happy that you are pregnant again! Congratulations! That definitely does give me hope! How long did you wait before you were able to start trying? How far along are you now? Were you paranoid when you found out you were pregnant again? I am so worried that this is going to happen again!

Allie - December 7

My doctor gave us the ok to start trying as soon as I felt ok. We waited about a month. I lost the baby March 23rd, and conceived around the 1st of October - I will be 12 weeks on Friday. I was very scared when I found out I was pregnant, but I have a very good dr this time around, and when I called and said "I'm pregnant and last one was ectopic" they had me in within 4 days. First ultrasound wasn't conclusive (saw a sac, nothing else) at 4 weeks 4 days. Bloodwork all came back positive, so they had me back it two weeks, and we saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks 4 days. I have another appointment Friday morning, and by then we should be able to actually hear the heartbeat, too. Once I saw the heartbeat, most of my anxiety went away. I still get a little nervous some days (especially if I am feeling a lot of ligament stretching - cramping is still scary), but since I have had no bleeding with this pregnancy, and I have all of the horrible pregnancy symptoms I am pretty optimistic that I will get to see this baby born next June :)

Kristi - December 8

Congratulations on moving into your second trimester! That is exciting! I'm sure everything will be fine. A friend gave me some encouraging words recently... she said to have faith that God will grant your desire to be a mommy, after all, it is He who gave you that desire to begin with. I'm going to have to keep reminding myself of that.

Allie - December 8

I also got a lot of support from the women at my church after our loss. It's a very difficult time to have faith, but if you can it will definitely help you through.

Kristi - December 10

Hi Allie. Did you go to the doctor yesterday? Did you get to hear the baby's heartbeat? Do you remember how long it took for your cycle to become regular after your ectopic pregnancy?

Allie - December 12

Hi Kristie: I did hear the heartbeat on Friday. The dr was laughing, b/c he had to chase the little one around my tummy, he/she was being so active. It was amazing. My cycle went back to normal almost immediately. 30 days after my surgery it started like clockwork. I don't know if I ovulated that first month, but I was testing after that and I ovulated right on schedule every month.

Kristi - December 12

That must have been very exciting to hear the heartbeat and to see how active the he/she is. I'm very happy for you! It has been 2 weeks today since my surgery. I can't believe how fast it's gone by. It seems like it just happened yesterday. Each day is getting a little better though. I've started taking my Pre-Natal vitamins again, so I guess that is a good sign that I am getting better and looking towards the future. Thank you for your support and for sharing your pregnancy with me. It really does give me hope! When do you go back to the doctor and when is your due date?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?