Fibroids-pg115132166318

4 Replies
kellywall - June 26

Hello ladies...just a question. I m/c 2 weeks ago and when I had my u/s they told me that I have 2 small fibroids in my uterus and that was most likely what caused my m/c. I just moved and don't have a doc here yet so I had to depend on hospital staff to talk with me. Needless to say they didn't care to spend time with me to explain what I should do now. My question is...anyone else have fibroids and what did they do?? I have read some stuff on the net but stopped myself because it gets scary reading to much info. Can I have a healthy baby?? We were going to start ttc again next month (hopefully) but now I'm scared I'll m/c again.

Leilani14 - June 26

Hi ! I would like to offer some words of encouragement. If you look at the Pregnancy Complication Fibroids thread you will see that there are a lot of us pregnant with fibroids. We have to be a little more carefull but there are many ladies who had sucessfull pregnancies with fibroids so there is a big YES to your question can I have a healthy baby. There are different types of fibroids, some can cause more issues some less. Some fibroids grow toward out side, can get quite large during pregnancy but they cause least problems, some grow in the uterine wall, and some toward inside. Last ones are the worst since they can interfere with implatantion, and those can be removed. I may be wrong, but I think that it was a little too much to a__sume that fibroids caused your m/c. So many women miscarrie for so many known and unknown reasons that it is to easy to a__sume that exclusevly fibroids were to blame.Hang in there and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

kellywall - June 26

Thanks so much for your response. I'm in the midst of getting a doc here and the ER doc didn't have the time to answer questions that I had. I didn't even know I had them until the u/s so part of me thinks that they are just blaming the m/s on the fibroids. I'm just scared because I don't know much about them right now. I told dh we should wait to start trying until I can talk to a doc about them. Nice to know that there are some ladies that are pregnant and have them though....thanks for the encrouagement. I'll check out the thread you mentioned. Thanks again

Angela Mac - June 26

Hi ladies, my last 3 pregnancies have ended in miscarriages. I went through a month of testing and found out I have polyps in the uterus. I think they are the same thing like fibroids. From what I read fibroids are on the outside of the uterus and polyps are inside. We think maybe they were stopping implanation. Anyway I am having them removed July 13th. If I were you kelly, I would get your records from your old doctor and find a new one in your area. You will need one anyway if you become pregnant. I just know for me I would rather try and fix the problem than to hope the baby isn't affected from the fibroids. From what I understand it's a pretty easy fix. Best of luck to you.

kellywall - June 28

I think you're right and that is what I'm in the middle of doing right now. I want to get this sorted out now before we start trying again. We were hoping to start nesxt month but my store got termination notices and as of friday I am unemployed....just more good news coming my way. Oh well.....whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger I suppose. Good luck and take care.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?