Heartbeat Question-pg114167244618

3 Replies
SuzieQ - March 6

Ok, I've had two m/c in the past. First one was blighted ovum, second no hb at 10w with fetal growth stopped around 8w. I am pregnant again, 10w1d and can hear the heartbeat on my home doppler - nice and strong! I am getting my hopes up with this one - and I'm scared to hope. So my question is, what are the chances of having a m/c now? I know it decreases after hearing a heartbeat, and after 12w, but I feel like I'm in the inbetween stage. Did any of you hear a heartbeat at 10w and still miscarry?

Kristine - March 6

SuzieQ, I've also had two m/c's. I'm now 5 weeks along and scared as heck. I think your chances are good at this point especially with a strong hb. I wondered if you had any blood tests after your m/c's and if you are taking progesterone.

SuzieQ - March 6

No, no blood tests - except to ensure my hemoglobin (sp?) and everything were back to normal (no low iron or anything). I am not taking progesterone either. I'm in Canada, and my doc isn't a huge believer in progesterone - all that evidence that suggests it doesn't really help prevent m/c and all that. I'm scared as heck too though! Thanks for your response :)

Arinae - March 6

I read in a book that once you hear the heartbeat the chance is very low of miscarriage. i had 2 losses also, It's hard not to worry, but if I was you i wouldn't. Do you know how many beats per minute? Does anyone know that chances of miscarrying after seeing the fetal heartbeat,151bpm?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?