Help-pg117311755886

5 Replies
Tbwhitney 859 - March 5

I was supposed to be 8 weeks and 4 days today and i went to the doctor for my ultrasound and they said they said that there was no heart beat and that the baby hadnt grown since the last ultrasound i had 2 weeks ago. She said that she would recommend i take this medicine that will make me have a miscarrage since it could take up to 6 weeks on its own. Im scared and dont know what to do. I asked her if there was anychance that it could be a mistake and the baby still be alive and she said no since it hadnt grown, but im still scared to take the medicine if there is any chance at all that it might still be alive. Please if theres anyone that knows about this or has gone through this i would appreciate the advise. Thank you

LanaK - March 5

Tbwhitney, I am sorry you're going through this, and I understand the shock and disbelief of this terrible news. I went through the same emotions when I was told at 16 weeks that the baby has no chance for survival because of the underdeveloped kidneys. I had to terminate the pregnancy because of this, although the baby's heart rate and all other measurements were normal. I also thought that it's not possible that my baby has this lethal malformation, and that it's a mistake that THEY made. But after 2 ultrasounds confirming this and 2 high risk OBs stating the same thing, I realized that facts are facts, and my emotions should not override clear reasoning and scientific evidence. Based on the information that you've provided, it unfortunately seems pretty conclusive that this pregnancy is not meant to be. I am very sorry, and I hope you never have to go through this again.

jessieb - March 5

i am sorry you have to go through this. last year at my first ultrasound, we saw the HB but there was some blood too. a week later, there was no growth, no HB and more blood. i have had two miscarriages and was never given or suggested to take anything to speed it along. if you would feel better emotionally letting it happen on its own, you do not have to take anything to make it happen. for your peace of mind. it could take a long time to start or it could start tomorrow. unfortunately, there is no way to know that. my first miscarriage happened naturally. my first miscarriage i ended up opting for a d&c. after we saw no HB or growth and lots of blood we waited for it to happen naturally. i waited for over two weeks. it got to be unbearable so i accepted a d&c. i made my doc administer one more U/s before we did it, just to be sure. i had to know that it was 100% over and it was. again, i am sorry you are having to go through this.

jessieb - March 5

i meant to say that my second miscarriage i opted for the d&c.

stefkay - March 5

Hi Tbwhitney, I'm so so sorry...I had the same thing happen almost exactly like yours. We saw a hb at what should have been almost 8 weeks, but the baby was measured to be only around 6 weeks. I felt that things were wrong even then. About 3 weeks later I had another u/s and they said the hb was gone and the growth had stopped somewhere around 6.5 weeks. I was devastated as I've had multiple m/c's and I thought this would be the one to stick. I was actually told to try to wait for it to happen naturally. It had already been 3 weeks since the baby died so I figured it would be soon. I hated the waiting so I scheduled a d&c, but it happened naturally a week later. It took 4 weeks exactly for mine to happen on it's own. I am so glad it did as I didn't want another d&c. I asked my dr. about the medicine to make it happen and she wouldn't do that as she said it had too many side effects and could mess with me and make it harder to recover, etc. It doesn't sound promising, but miracles do happen. If you can stand the waiting, I'd say try to wait for it to happen naturally or opt for a d&c, but I'm not so sure about the medicine...? {HUGS}

Tbwhitney 859 - March 5

Thank everyone for your replies. I my first miscarrage 2 years ago in oct 2004 and i had a d&c and didnt want to do it again. I wanted to let it happen at home. I decided to just take the medicine a few hours ago and im cramping really bad and just started to bleed. She said if i just waited it could take 2-6 weeks and there was a 40% chance that i would need a D&C and i could possibIey get a infection. I wish i knew what was wrong with me that wont let me get pregnant and the 2 times i did it ends like this. She said in 4-6 week she would run tests to see what is wrong. Im very sorry for everyones loss and thanks again.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?