I Just Had A Mc March 11 2006

9 Replies
it happened to me - March 16

When is it ok to try to be pregnant again? I can't help but to think of keep trying, even though my doctor tol me to wait to my next regular period.

littleangel - March 16

hi i am sorry to here about your loss, i loss my baby girl on 11 jan 06, i was told to wait 2 cycles before ttc. but it is total up to you. i hope this helps you. jo

I too am sorry about your loss. Thankyou, I will try my best to be patient. But what is the reason for waiting to conceive, do anyone know?

littleangel - March 16

my reason for tryng is cos i loss my baby girl at 21wks, and i cant wait to have any other just being pregant feeling your baby inside you is a wonderfull feeling. but i am not tryng to make up for my loss baby, i just think its my time and i cant wait ttc.i will tell my child one day they had a sister but she had to go to heaven.. jo

parkermegan - March 16

I think depending on your mc there may be different reasons. Ask your dr for specific reasons. Mine was adamat that I wait 1 cycle. Some people say it is just for dating.....but I think other times there are more reasons. Sometimes maybe not. The only person that can tell you when it is safe is your dr. I am sure they would be glad to give you the exact reasons.

Susan W - March 16

Some doctors feel you need the time and the space to emotionally and physically heal. Others say if you want to ttc, go ahead as your body won't conceive again until it's ready. It is a good way to accurately date a pregnancy if you have a LMP to go by. . .. I got pregnant again right away, by accident, and my advice is to make 100% sure that you have mourned the loss of this one before ttc again. I'm finding it hard to grieve, to be pregnant, to take care of my family and run my life all at once. I do wish I had had the time one cycle would have given me, but we are hoping for the best. Good luck.

I wish the best for you. If you feel that it is your time than it is. Just be careful and prayerful

Crystal B - March 16

it happened to me, hi , it happened to me to..just yesterday...i dont want to try to have another baby. but every person that i talked to after having a m/c said that they couldnt wat to try again..is something wrong with me? i just dont wanna mkae it seem like i forgot all abouto my lost baby..did anyone else had this feeling , or is it just me? how far along was you? Im so so sorry for what happenend..ill be praying to you and sending baby dust your way!

Thankyou sooo much and your baby dust is well accepted. I was 6 weeks. At 1st I did not want to have another baby but then I began to realize that this is what I really want. I am not sure that I am wanting this is an attempt to feel the void (maybe I am being selfish). Any who I think that you are ok for having these feelings. If you feel that you need the time than definitely take the time. You are fine!!!

Susan W - March 16

Crystal, I didn't want to try again right away either. I also wondered what was wrong with me, and I was feeling out of place on the boards when everybody (it seemed) wrote "I just had a m/c and when can I try again?" I didn't want to hear that because it didn't help me to consider another pregnancy, and it was the last thing on my mind right then. We were actually taking measures to prevent another one when we had an accident with the birth control. I was terribly upset at the thought of getting pregnant again, and when we got the confirmation, I was nearly as devastated as when I had the m/c. Some people want to go ahead right away again, some don't. Give yourself time and space to figure out how you feel about the lost baby. And please know that if you do get pregnant again, it NEVER replaces your lost one. I was crying just today for that baby when I was accidentally reminded we would have been having our mid-pregnancy u/s around now.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?