Incompetent Cervix -pg113744606318

1 Replies
Lynne - January 16

I was diagnosed with an incompetent cervix after I went into painless labor at 24 weeks. I lasted until 25 weeks but my water ruptured and I delivered my son at 25.1 weeks gestation. He lived for 1 month. My question is how many of you have been diagnosed with this condition and if so was there a reason. (ie: cervical surgeries, des, etc, or no reason at all). I have never had any procedures on my cervix and cannot understand why this happened. One thought I had was that my hubby and I used a contraceptive gel for over 1 year and I am wondering if anyone else has used any of the inserts and had a premature delivery afterwards. Any input would help and I would love to speak with you.

tanya w - January 30

I had a premature birth 13 years ago and everything sounded similiar to your situation. My son was born at 24 weeks though and only lived for 11 hours. I had never had any surgeries etc. on my cervix and there was no explantation for it. 5 years later I got pregnant again and upon exam at 12 weeks I was already 2cm dialated and had to have surgery to have my cervix sewn up (cerclage is the medical term) I had a successful pregnancy. They took the cerclage out at 36 weeks and my son was born on his due date. SInce his birth I have had surgery on my cervix to remove precancerous cells and now that I am 12 1/2 weeks pregnant again I am having a cerclage put in on feb 8. I have read alot about incompetent cervix and I believe I have one due to having polycycstic ovaries and so does my doctor. My guess would be that it wasn't the contraceptive gel but maybe some other underlying problem. In any case you can go on to have a sucessful pregnancy with the use of a cerclage.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?