Is This A Miscarriage -pg121304492844

2 Replies
hipmama - June 9

Not sure if anyone here can help, but I figure it's worth a try. I started bleeding on Saturday...about the amount of a light to normal period. There are some clots and cramping. I was about to write it off as an early miscarriage (I'm 5 weeks along) but I'm still experiencing some pregnancy symptoms--nausea (at least the same intensity as before the bleeding and cramping--maybe even more intense), I'm hungrier than normal, and there's something about this that won't let me assume the worst. It feels like my intuition, but it might also just be wishful thinking. Do the pregnancy symptoms go away as soon as the bleeding starts? Is there a possibility that the bleeding might be caused by something else? Is there a possibility that I'm miscarrying a twin and there's still another baby in there? Thanks in advance for your support!

stefkay - June 9

Those are always possibilities, but you need to go to your doctor and get blood drawn to check hcg and then again in 48 hours to see if it is going down. It will if you are miscarrying. That is the only way to tell for sure this early. An ultrasound may help too. Good luck and I'm very sorry you are gonig through this. Bleeding in pregnancy is terrifying I know :(

belle114 - June 9

hey girl. the pregnancy symptoms will continue (if it is a m/c) until the HCG is out of your system. that wont happen until a m/c is complete and even a few weeks after. after my m/c it took about 2 weeks after all the bleeding to get the hcg out and i felt my symptoms the entire time. you really should see your doc. if they wont do an ultrasound ask them to do a few blood draws. they can check your hcg and make sure its going up, not down. that will tell you if you are miscarrying as well. good luck and i'll send a prayer out to you and your little bean!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?