Jstaley1228 About The Progesterone

2 Replies
MissingDestiny - April 29

Yes the discharge is completely normal, but I have to agree with the other person , it is very odd that the DR is only giving you for a week they usually prescribe it for the whole first tri bc thats when progesterone levels may bee too low to sustain pregnancy and then after the first tri the placenta is completely form and it takes over making enough progesterone to sustain the pregnancy without any tablets...If I were you I would really talk to your Dr bc a sudden drop of pregesterone could be bad for the baby and so if you stay on it it would only help the baby and it doesn't hurt to take it as long as you don't go pass the first tri so talk to him really serious about this , bc it is nothing to play with... I know with my Baby girl I had to take them for the whole first tri and everything came out wonderful and then after that my placenta took over...I plan to take them again on my next pregnancy(God willing) Good luck to you...

jstaley1228 - April 30

Hi, MissingDestiny. Well, I don't think there was anything wrong with my progesterone levels to begin with,...they were just playing it extra safe with the bleeding I had last week. I might call just to make sure that since I took my last does of progesterone last night, not having that extra bit will not affect anything since they were really dosing me up. Thanks for getting back to me. This whole pregnancy thing is really scary!

jstaley1228 - April 30

Well, looks like you were right. I called and they decided they better keep me on it until 12 weeks. I am not thrilled as I think there is no s_x when your on it (right?...I didn't ask but I imagine it's a bad idea for dh to be putting anything in there with all those hormones up there. He might start to lactate or something? Just kidding...guess I'd better ask) Plus it's kind of gross with all the discharge and all. Oh, well. Whatever is safest for the bean. Thanks for making me call. This will give me peace of mind now.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?