Lost-pg120353577610

8 Replies
4angels - February 20

This is my first posting to this or any other website. It was recommend by a friend. I was four and a half months pregnant with triplets. They were all boys.........One of the sacs broke and I got an infection in my uterus. Even though they all had heartbeats the doctors said they had to end my prgnancy. How do you go on living, when all you do is want them back. When you feel so empty inside. I knew them and fely them........how do you go on.

momjoy0691 - February 20

Really there is nothing I can say to make it better for you. I have had 3 miscarriages, I am presently recovering from one in January(2008)5.5 weeks, and I did have one at 16 weeks 5 days last October(2007) and I am still grieving-- some days are good and then I can have a week of bad. It helps me knowing that I am not the only one who has had miscarriages, and venting to other people who "get it" and who have been in your same place, is much easier than friends and family sometimes. Sometimes you have to take it a second at a time and work up to a minute and then an hour and eventually day to day but you will hurt a long time, and allow yourself that don't listen to people who tell you different. I bought a special box and put all the stuff I had journaled and all the pictures of ultrasounds I had etc. I am so so very sorry!! Blessings to you!!

4angels - February 21

Hi momjoy0691, Thank you for your advice. This was my 2nd. miscarriage. The first was November of 2006, and this one was on Feb. 3, 2008. My friends and family say they understand what I am going through, but how do they when it has never happened to them. They have thier babies........Did buying a special box to put everything in help?

april baby - February 21

Hi 4angels – I am deeply sorry for you losses. Like momjoy0691 said there is nothing I can say to make it better. I had my m/c in September and I was 12 weeks along when it happened. Every cycle since I have been ttc again which it has not happened but with each cycle that comes I have a break down one emotional day each cycle and it helps to talk about it. I had my emotional break down last night before going to bed. All I could think about was what my little one looked like the last time I saw him/her wiggling around in me. I think it would be a great idea to buy a special box and put everything in it from your pregnancy. If you need to talk we are here for you.

llama8 - February 21

This is my first posting anywhere too. I just had a missed miscarriage at 17 weeks. I was induced into labor on January 31, 2008. It has been very difficult. Everything in the pregnancy was healthy and I went in for a level 2 sonogram at 20 weeks and there was no heartbeat. I had a little cramping 3 weeks earlier...it must have been a problem...I just thought it was constipation. The doctors called the miscarriage a cord accident. It seems that the placenta wrapped around the baby's neck a few times and cut off oxygen. It is pretty unusual and unlikely to happen again. There was nothing I did to cause it...it's just one of those things. Hopefully there wasn't more to it. The difficult part is that, like you, it happened in the 2nd trimester. It was starting to seem real, I was starting to show and feel a few kicks. I always thought that once you hit 12 weeks, it's clear sailing. This was my first pregnancy too. What's weird is that I always had a bad feeling the entire time...like I knew something wasn't right (mother's intuition)...or I was just paranoid. My mom had a weird feeling about the pregancy too. I didn't let myself get too excited. After it happened I questioned God alot. How could he let me get so far along and then end it. Luckily I have a very supportive husband and family and friends. It does get better. I have good days and bad days, but I know a lot of people who had miscarraiges and went on to have healthy babies. That is was it keeping me going...hope for the future. I just turned 28, so I hope that, God willing, I have many more opportunities for a healthy baby. There is nothing anybody can say to make it better and you can never forget the baby that came before. At least you know that you can conceive. We all handle grief in different ways and I wish you the best for the future.

4angels - February 21

Hi april baby, and llama8 - I feel totally lost this time. I don't know if I didn't grieve enough the first time and now it is hitting me twice as hard. I am very glad that you are all here to talk too. It does feel better to talk about it. Even though no one knows what happened. I don't know if I will try again.....I do have one IVF cycle left, but I am scared to death to lose another baby.

angelkitty - February 21

I have had two miscarriages myself - after battling infertility for over two years. The 1st m/c was at 7.5 weeks and the second was at 16 weeks. May I suggest a book that really helped me. It is called empty arms by Pam Vredfelt. It helped me get doubt I was having about God. It will get easier. You will never forget those babies but it will get easier.

momjoy0691 - February 21

4 Angels:The box seemed to help me quite a bit and it is up in my closet, sometimes I take it down and look through it, but it helped me, I had bought a few things for the baby already and put all my doctor appt cards the ultrasounds etc all in it. I still have very hard days, but I am blessed with a daughter who is almost 17 years old and a 17 month old baby boy and in-between the two of them was rough with infertility treatments that never did work my son came with no help at all! but to look back now it was worth the wait and that's how I am trying to look at it this time. But the hurt never goes away all together and people who haven't been through it really don't get the feelings of hurt, failure, loss, emptiness and utter sadness. I am almost 39 so my clock it ticking! I am so wishing you the peace of mind and hopefully next time you will get your miracle!! IIama8: I know what you mean about the feeling I had that 2 out 3 miscarriages. So sorry for your loss! I wish a baby for you too!! april baby--I had a bad night too, but my estimated due date is soon for the baby I lost in October so I a__sume that I will be better when that pa__ses!!

4angels - February 23

Hi everyone- I had a really bad day yesterday, I am a little better today. Angelkitty thank you for the book suggestion, I will go get it this weekend. I am so sorry for everyones losses. I hope we all find the strength to move forward and try again.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?