Miscarriage-pg110731621118

2 Replies
Lynette Pulkownik - February 1

How can I tell my 4 year old daughter that I lost the baby without confusing and upsetting her.

Jo - February 4

I dont know your daughter or what would upset her so all i can share with you is what i told my 10 year old son and 6 year old daughter. They were very excited to hear that i was pregnant but at 7 weeks along i knew something was wrong when my ultrasound showed a 5 week sac. it took 2 more weeks for me to miscarry. i just miscarried 2 days ago. during those 2 weeks they were still talking to my stomach and i just told them flat out that i might not be having a baby because something is wrong and it wasnt growing. when i finally expelled the tissues i had to tell them that it was final. i explained that it all started with one little egg but as the cells started growing something was wrong and it stopped growing. i told them it was better than having a baby with something wrong with it. they are sad but want me to try again. my strategies may not go well with other mothers but it worked for me. you will figure it out. just use words and stories that she can understand. if you are a religious family then you can incorporate that into your explanation. she will be hurt no matter what because she (like you) expected a baby to come of this. Even us miscarrying mothers want more anwers to what happened but that may never happen. Treat her as you would want someone to console you through this ordeal. Time is the best healer.

Stacey - February 4

When I was looking for sights on miscarriages, I found one that sold books about it...that might be an option (I'm a teacher, books work for everything for us.)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?