MTHFR-pg115210871918

2 Replies
reneehawthorne - July 5

I was just diagnosed with this gene mutation disorder after having one helathy birth. I just recently got my 1st job as a teacher and hate to get pregnant now but I long for another child? I know that with this, there are risk of miscarriages. Please let me know what you think.

ksorbin - July 6

Hi Renee...I am 31 and have two sons ages 7 and 11from a prev marriage. I am now remarried and my husband and I decided we wanted a baby. We fell pregnant Jan 2006. On 4/26, we went in for our u/s and found that the baby had no heartbeat. I was 18wks pregnant. I was induced and delivered a baby boy, Micah, born still on 4/27. It was horrible. I had several tests done and the only thing I was found to have was homozygous gene mutations of the MTHFR gene. BUT my homocysteine levels were normal. Many say that if your homocysteine levels are normal than you do not have to worry about m/c, etc. That being said, you should take extra folic acid. I am currently taking 4mg of folic acid. I am also taking a baby aspirin. Is your mutation homozygous or heterozygous??? If is is heterozygous, like 30% of the population, you have nothing to worry about. Let me know if you have any more questions. -Kortnee

ksorbin - July 6

Oh...by the way. I am currently 6wks pregnant. I am seeing a geneticist and a perinatologist this month. If they tell me anything enlightening, I will let you know. -Kortnee

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?