NEED HELP PLEASE-pg122282817622

3 Replies
MELS_GIRL - September 30

MY SISTER-IN-LAW WAS 18 WEEKS 6 DAYS PREGNANT SHE WENT 2 THE DR. AND THEY COULDNT FIND A HEARTBEAT HE SAID THE BABY PASSED. SHE HAS TO GO BACK 2 THE DR SOMETIME NEXT WEEK TO SEE WHAT THERE GONNA DO. SHOULDNT THEY HAVE TOOK THE BABY OUT RIGHT AWAY I DONT NO NOTHING ABOUT THIS I WAS HOPING SOMEONE WOULD HAVE AN IDEA. HOW LONG CAN A DR WAIT 2 TAKE A BABY THAT HAS PASSED OUT OF THE MOM IF HE KNOWS THE BABY PASSED?

hope25 - December 13

hi meld_girl. I'm sorry for her loss. I was 12 weeks when I miscarried . my baby stayed in me for about a week before i had the d&c. It was hard knowing that i had my baby that had pa__sed away in me. I hope she is getting all the support she needs. all the best

meshell01 - December 16

I was 20 weeks prego and there were alot of problems with the baby that was going to affect my health so they wanted to terminate the pregnancy. Anyway I wen and had that test done where they stick the needle in your stomach while doing an ultrasound. they told me that if they didn't find a heartbeat that they were going to have to take me directly over to labor and delivery. They did find the heartbeat, but I had to schedule the delivery for the next week. I had to actually be induced and go through a full on delivery. The baby was dead when it was delivered, so I am not really sure when it had died. Your sister in law will most likely have to go through a delivery. They will give her medicine to start contractions and everything. It was really hard being there with all the babies and none of them were going home with me. I can't really answer your question because I don't know, but I had to wait a week at least because my hospital was a catholic hospital and the doctor had to take my case to an ethics commitee to see if they would terminate the pregnancy and he had to make sure he had all the test results back. good luck/

smmom2 - December 16

Mel...a baby can pa__s without us having a clue...and sometimes it can be a couple weeks before we even discover it. This is called a missed m/c. A dr will always give a woman the choice to wait to see if her body will m/c the baby on its own, or to have a D&C done. However will not let a women wait to long for fear of an infection developing. Or to put the woman into labor...depending on how developed the baby is. Did the dr tell you sil when he thought the baby had stopped growing? MeShell...that test is called an amniocentesis. I am sorry for your loss...and your sil's.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?