OPKs-pg114486582918

4 Replies
leasa - April 12

my question is. why can you use FMU with digital OPKs and with the standard ones you have to use after 2 pm. i am using digital OPKs for the first time following my M/C and was curious. It says you can test any time of the day and morning is easier for me but if this could end up inaccurate, would rather test in the PM.

leasa - April 13

bump

Morrison1 - April 13

leasa - I wish I knew the answer to that for sure, but my guess (and it's just a guess) is that because it is digital it interprets the results for you, so regardless of when you take the test it can determine the surge. With the two line tests - the lines have to be as dark or darker than the test line to be positive and many people have a hard time interpreting them. So, the suggestion is to take them at the same time of the day in the mid-afternoon so you know what you are comparing to. The digitials just make it easy and leave the comparisons and interpretations to the test, and not the test taker. If FMU works best for you, then I would say it's fine, as long as you do it the same time each day...but see what others have to say. Good luck! If I don't get my bfp this month, I am going digital, too.

Morrison1 - April 13

Oh, and they say the LH surge is highest in the afternoon, so the more LH, the easier to interpret the lines. Again, the digital may be able to detect the surge without needing the highest surge.

leasa - April 13

thanks for your answer... that helps. its just easier to test in the morning for me but i just dont want to miss the surge although we will BD every night now until next Monday.. I think what I will do is from tomorrow as not in work for the next 4 days will do the test in the afternoon at the same time and go from there... I have one of those throw away monthy ones. It called clear blue digital and you get 7 tests in it.. I have heard with the actual fertility monitors that they read oestrogen as well which is why you can use FMU with those but just wondered why you could with these. Think you must be right.... I hope you get your BFP this month too! Sticky buba dust to you.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?