Ovulation-pg120784107966

11 Replies
jennifer0001 - April 10

Hi everyone, I had a normal MC on March 8th I was 6 weeks preg. Its. April 10th and I have not had my period yet. My Dr. said it could take up to 2 or 3 months to have a period again. My question is…..during the couple of months that you don’t have a period do you still ovulate? Also, when you notice the egg white discharge…have you already ovulated or are you getting ready to ovulate? Thanks so much everyone!!

katie37 - April 10

Have you taken a pregnancy test? You could be pregnant. Did you have your hcg levels checked after the miscarriage to make sure they were down below 5?

katie37 - April 10

Sorry forgot your other question about the EWCM. Usually once you notice it you will ovulate soon probably within the next day or two. Good Luck!

jennifer0001 - April 10

Thanks katie.....No, I haven't taken a PG test yet. I guess I don't when to do that since its only been a month since my mc. Do you still ovulate before you ever have your first period? My dr. did two blood test after my mc. The 2nd one he didn't tell me the level but he said my miscarrige was complete. So wouldn't you think that was a 0?

katie37 - April 10

Jennifer, once your levels go back to normal then you would usually ovulate in 2 wks. You have to ovulate to have a regular period. If you only have spotting then you most likely did not ovulate. When was your last blood test done?

jennifer0001 - April 10

March 13th ws my last blood test. so you can go months without ovulating? I have had no spotting.

katie37 - April 10

I recommend just to rule out pregnancy , that you take a test. If your levels were back to normal on the 13th and you had s_x in March then you could be pregnant.

jennifer0001 - April 10

Would a PT show up that soon? That would be great if I was! Is there a certain test that is better than others?

katie37 - April 10

I use the First Response ones. They are usually pretty accurate and the measure the small amounts of hcg. I think as low as 12. Yes it's possible to be pg. I was pg last month but it was a chemical. I think I am pg again. Go test and let me know the results. Good Luck!

jennifer0001 - April 10

What do you mean chemical? Is it possible to go months without ovulating and a period after MC? thanks for everything you have been so helpful. If you think you a pg again. You need to go get a test too!!!

katie37 - April 10

I'm going too Jenn. I will probably stop today on the way home and get a two pack. To answer your question about having a period after miscarriage. It took me 8 wks to get my period after my D&C but that was because my levels took a long time to go down.

jennifer0001 - April 10

oh my gosh I can't beleive it was so quick with me. I am going to stop and get one today too. Let me know in the morning your results. GOOD LUCK!!!! After your MC did the Dr. keep checking your levels each week before yours went to 0?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?