Please Help Me -pg112527726218

6 Replies
Natalie - August 28

I had brown spotting a week after s_x. Just when I wiped only TWO different times. Then my period started 12 days late but was bright red and pink goo when I wiped. Sex even felt different, meaning better. I haven't had a normal period since. This was in March. I never knew when I was ovulating but now each month, I have horrible amounts of white stretchy goo come out of me that I know I never experienced before. Could a miscarriage affect my ovulation? My periods are only 2-3 days long now. I also developed veins on my br___t a few days after brown spotting which are STILL here. Is it possible I was pregnant but lost it? I had a blood test and it was under 5 and pregnancy tests were negative. I have never had a period like that or brown spotting or veins appearing so suddenly. I am 25. WAS I PREGNANT? This has been bothering me since March! Thanks!

Natalie - August 29

Please someone. Thanks.

Kim - August 29

Hi Natalie: I am certainly no expert, but there are a couple of things I have picked up since my m/c in June. 1) Don't worry too much about brown spotting. Any bleeding that is brown is old blood, and oftentimes, s_x stirs up any old blood left in the uterus/cervix since the previous cycle and it comes out. 2) So it sounds like you did have a blood test and it was negative for pregnancy? It sounds then like you probably didn't have a miscarriage, as a blood test is able to tell you if you are pregnant well before you miss your period. That might at least set your mind at ease a little bit, though I can imagine how frustrating it is when something whacky happens to your cycle and you don't know what's going on! 3) The white stuff that is coming out of you is most likely fertile cervical fluid, and that's FANTASTIC! For women your age, it is not unlikely that you would have this stuff coming out 2-4 days out of the month, just around the time you are most fertile and approaching ovulation. 4) As for 2-3 day periods, that sounds more like midcycle spotting than an actual period, and I would ask your doctor about that. Midcycle spotting is not unusual, but if that's all you are getting and not a full b__wn period each month, it might be worth asking about just so you can make sure you are ovulating (especially if you are trying to get pregnant - are you?) I would also recommend the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. If you hang around this post long enough, you're sure to hear about it. :-) It is an excellent resource for learning your body's signals each month concerning ovulation, periods, etc. I have found it to be a great guide for me when I have questions like yours about things that are happening to me each month. You can get the book at just about any bookstore - I got mine at Barnes and Noble. Best of luck to you!

Natalie - August 29

Thanks Kim. I a__sumed after the blood test came back negative then I wasn't but then what about other symptoms? I have heard some women never have a high enough HCG if the pregnancy is a doomed one. I hope I didn't have one but I am still curious as to what happened to my body. Why the veins all of the sudden. Why the dizziness(forgot to mention that). Also I had wet watery discharge for a week along with cramping that started before this brown spotting. And three weeks after s_x, I had the worst body aches. My eyeb___s hurt so bad and all I could do was sleep. I even woke up with an urgency to go pee in the middle of the night. It just seems odd to me that all of this happened after unprotected s_x. Anyway, guess I can get that boook and it will help me figure it out, right? Thanks for the advice but do you have any more clues as to what could have caused all of this to happen at once?

Natalie - August 29

And sorry forgot to mention. No I am not trying for a baby. How come it is unusual for a woman my age to be ovulating like that? It has occured every month since March and last between 2 days to 7 days. Then it just goes away. I normally start my period around 15 days later but that is when it is light and only a few days. Before this happened in March, I always had 5-7 day long ones. Just so confusing. Thanks Kim.

Kim - August 29

Hi Natalie: I agree that the body can be SO confusing! If you are still worried that you could have had a miscarriage, it would be worthwhile to mention it to your doctor and see what he/she tells you. Symptoms are tough because so many of them are the same for pregnancy as they are for approaching periods. (Watery discharge, by the way, is another kind of fertile cervical fluid and a sign of health, so I wouldn't worry about that at all.) And I think you might have misread - it is NOT unusual for you to be having the white stuff before ovulation! That is actually very healthy and good. I am not sure why all of the sudden it would be showing up when it never did before, but bodies are so intricate and unique, and are constantly changing. I have been charting my cycles for three years with the help of the book I mentioned, and some things still throw me for a loop! It has changed BIG TIME over the course of the last three years, so I totally understand your confusion. Good luck to you and let me know if you find anything else out.

Natalie - August 29

Thanks Kim. I will make an appt. with my doctor. I appreciate your time and help.. I will let you know what I find out. But if it were a miscarriage, it would be too late to find out now, right? Anyway I will keep you posted.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?