Possible Miscarriage -pg110913316718

2 Replies
channa - February 22

I am along 7 weeks now and I have gotten my period. It started light then a little heavier. Usually, my period only lasts for 4-5 days. Well, now, it's my 6th day and getting a little darker. Could this possibly be a miscarriage? And if so, I go to my dr's appt tomorrow. How would they be able to check?

To Channa - February 23

I found this under www.marchofdimes.com: What treatment is needed if a woman has a miscarriage? Most women who have an early miscarriage do not need treatment. The uterus empties itself like a heavy period. However, a doctor may recommend a D&C in certain cases, such as if a woman is bleeding heavily or may have an infection, or if an ultrasound examination shows that there is tissue remaining in the uterus (which can lead to heavy bleeding). What tests are done following a miscarriage? Doctors usually do not perform any tests following a first miscarriage that occurs in the first trimester. The cause of these early losses is often unknown, though chromosomal abnormalities are usually suspected. If a woman has a miscarriage in the second trimester or has two or more miscarriages in the first trimester, tests usually are recommended to help determine the cause. These can include: Blood tests to check for chromosome abnormalities in both parents (called a karyotype), as well as certain hormonal problems and immune system disorders in the mother Testing for chromosomal abnormalities in tissue from the miscarriage (if tissue is available) Ultrasound examination of the uterus Hysteroscopy, viewing the uterus through a special scope inserted through the cervix Hysterosalpingography, an X-ray of the uterus Endometrial biopsy, suctioning a small piece of uterine lining to check hormone effects

To Channa - February 23

continued from www.marchofdimes.com: How long should a woman wait after a miscarriage before attempting another pregnancy? A woman should not attempt to become pregnant again until she is physically and emotionally ready and she has completed any tests recommended to determine the cause of the miscarriage. Medically, it appears safe to conceive after a woman has had one normal menstrual cycle (if she is not undergoing tests or treatments for the cause of her miscarriage). However, it may take much longer before a woman feels emotionally ready to attempt pregnancy. Many women who have experienced miscarriage worry that they will miscarry again. Fortunately, the great majority of women who have had one miscarriage will go on to have a successful pregnancy the next time, as will 60 to 70 percent of those who have experienced two or three losses.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?