Pregnancy After Miscarriage-pg111009184618

3 Replies
Brandi Jo - March 6

on october22 04 i misscarried i was 12 weeks along although the dr. said the baby died at 9 weeks. A D&C was not performed and for 4 months I had irregular spotting & on 2\22\05 I went to the E.R. with severe cramps the dr. said it was just a build up of periods. The next day an object resembling an amniotic sac with attached placenta came out of me about the size of a large plum. could this affect my ability to concieve again and how long should I wait?

stacey - March 6

did you ever have your hcg levels checked? Once you are at 0, you will ovulate again. I don't think it will hrt your chances any, you just hadn't inished miscarrying.

brandijo - March 6

they told me my hcg were going down to normal

Karen - March 7

He calls himself a DOCTOR?! Didn't he even think to CHECK you???!! Did you keep the object that came out of you? It is possible that it was the original miscarrying baby, as you only had spotting and not heavy bleeding. It was a bad idea letting yourself go such a long time though ... it scares me that you could have got a severe infection in those 4 months! As for trying again, although your chances are probably unaffected by it, if I were you I'd wait for at least one period, because your body has just gone through something very dangerous! What an idiot that doctor is ... I hope you got his name, you should make sure you avoid him at all costs in future!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?