So Confused -pg117383496975

3 Replies
GG - March 13

I just joined this today so I could learn about what could be wrong with me. I am 34. I have had 3 miscarriages and maybe having one right now. My first one was at 10 weeks I had heard the heart beat and actually saw it when i miscarried, the last 2 were blighted ovums. I always spotted before. Today i spotted VERY light. Most people probably would not have noticed but since I am paranoid I did. I am sure it won't end well. After the last miscarriage I visited a perinatologist he tested my blood 12 viles! I got a dye test to check my uterius. And we tested our chromosomes. All of it came back normal. I am wondering how or when can they tell if someone needs pogestrone or baby asprin? Nothing was said to me about it but I have read several of you are on that how did that occur? Also what is: AF TTC BFP? Thank you for your time

Whisper - March 13

AF= Aunt Flo, or Period ** TTC=Trying to Conceive ** BFP= Big Fat Positive (test result) Dont know about the progesterone or aspirin though, but I'm sending Lots of sticky baby dust your way!

micorazon - March 13

Hi GG...sorry for your losses and I truly hope you are not experiencing another at this time. I am 6.5 weeks pregnant and on progesterone and baby aspirin. I have had three miscarriages and had a scheduled appt with an RE when I got my bfp this time around. Due to my history they started testing my progesterone levels and hcg levels immediately after getting my bfp. Although my progesterone level was in the normal range it was on the low side so they started me on progesterone suppositories. They also put me on one baby aspirin a day mainly as a precaution because my OB doesnt feel that it can hurt anything. I know other women on this forum take baby aspirin or other blood thinners because they have blood clotting disorders that cause them to miscarry. I hope this helps...Good luck.

stefkay - March 13

Hi GG, I know this is one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with and all I wanted was answers...that said, it sounds like they did most of the basic testing for recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL). I had all of the blood taken, etc. also. Usually the progesterone is only given if there is a luteal phase defect and or you have low progesterone levels. My dr. prescribed it to me this last pregnancy because I asked for it and she said it wouldn't hurt the pregnancy if I didn't need it, but it wouldn't save a pregnancy either if progesterone levels weren't the problem. Was yours ever tested? I'd ask your doctor. On the baby aspirin, I am also to take that, but the only thing I did test positive for in all the tests was MTHFR and many women with that are treated with baby aspirin and or heparin because it can cause clotting. If you didn't come back positive for any of the clotting disorders your dr. probably wouldn't have you take it. Again, it is something most dr's use as a "cure all" when they don't know what else to do. I don't think it hurts to take it, so why not? Is your overall health good? Was your husband tested at all? IT's all so confusing and there are so many factors that play into conception that it boggles your mind if you start to research it too much. Most of us here have lost that pregnancy innocence, but we still have hope! Good luck to you (HUGS)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?