The Clean Slate Part 100

84 Replies
stefkay - June 4

Welcome ladies to our centennial edition of the Clean Slate!!! Thank you all for your support through the hardest and the most joyful times of my life so far :)

FrancesM - June 4

Woo Hoo on part 100! Welcome! Thanks Stef for starting it, we have all come a long way together and hopefully will continue to do so. We have been a great support system for each other and we need to keep that up! Kathy, thanks on the pics. I am sure proud! :) sounds like things are going well at home. Sorry that recovery is taking some time but you will be back to 100% soon! I am so glad your BF took the time off to help you get settled. Is Gavin sleeping better? Can you even believe he is here? He is so cute!! Well, I made it to Curves today and will go tomorrow. I have my 1st shower this weekend at home in Atlanta. My Aunt and cousins are giving it for me. I am excited. Ok, I have got to get busy since I will not be here on Friday. I hope everyone is having a super morning!

AllieP. - June 4

WOW! Can't believe we are at 100 already! I think I met you ladies around thread 15!! Thanks Stef for bringing us all together with the Clean Slate Thread! We are an amazing group of women!

saramcg - June 4

good morning girls- LORI- so good to hear form you! glad Brevin is being such a good baby...wow you are kinda making me nervous to have a toddler and a newborn! I don't have older kids to help...hopefully Anna will fit right in to the mix of things! KATHY- so good to hear from you too! soory that recovery is taking so long, but honestly, after all that these babies do to our bodies over nine months, I am surprised that we are able to do anything at all!!! How is b___stfeeding going for you? has he taken right to it? STEF- thank you for what you said aout me being on bedrest...YES it has been a long journey that I NEVER want to do again!!!! and some days are definitely better than others, but concidering today is day 71 (yikes) I'd say i'm over the hump and I take comfort in that! And I am so proud of you too!!! Can you believe that a month from now you are going to be a MOM???!!! you have come so far and really deserve this. I love your opening to this thread, but I think that you already know that the most joyful time of your life is just around the corner! FRANCES--- 8-8 is a VERY cool due date! I would want to keep that one too! but you are measuring ahead, so you never know! I still have a feeling that Anna is coming closer to her due date than the doctors ever thought, but if I go past my due date I am going to ask to be induced on 8-8-08 so she can have a cool b-day! (they would owe it to me by then for putting me through all of this!) ALLIE- I am so hoping that one of these posts willbe about af showing up for you!!! we need to get her here and then send her on her way!!!!

ROBYN - June 4

Wow 100 threads since the beginning. Actually for some reason its emotional to see how far we have all come since the beginning. I am so blessed to have come across each and every one of you. I love you all. i mean that. OK enough of the mushy JUSTIN SLEPT THRU THE ENTIRE NIGHT FROM 830P-500A. Ok thats in caps. LOL. After the 5am feeding he went back to sleep till 730am. Holy c___p we also gave him a 1 tsp of cereal in his bottle before bed. Dont know if it agreed with him at 930p he woke up with a poopie diaper and he was crying which isnt like him so we bathed him because it was like a crime scene down there and he pa__sed out. So i am going to only do a 1/2 tsp tonite to see if its the rice cereal not agreeing with him again or he just had to go the bathroom. Once we had changed his diaper he was completely fine laughing and smiling thru the whole bath so i dont know if it was the cereal or he got scared because he never poops at night and it woke him up. Any veteran suggestions on here ???

cynnababy - June 4

WOW! part 100!! I am so happy to be part of this wonderful group! Maggie, are you still here? If you are, hang in there! you won't be pregnant much longer! Lori, great to see you post. I don't know how to manage to squeeze time to go online with a toddler and a newborn. With 1 newborn, I was going crazy and busy every seconds during the first month. Kathy, how's adjusting to motherhood? It's a big challenge and you are handling it very well. Recovering is going to take a while. Be nice to your body, and don't over do it. Jazlyn is getting biger each day, she is 11 weeks now. I looked at her newborn pictures the other day, and realized how big she has grown and changed. She loves cooing and smiling... She melts my heart everytime I look at her smile. I also posted some pictures on piczo site.

cynnababy - June 4

Robyn, congrats on Justin STTN! Jazlyn did that for the first time last night!! I think I am jinxing myself by saying this, but it's such a huge milestone for her!! She has been sleeping from 8:30-3ish for about 1 week, wake up for a feeding, then back to sleep till about 7am. But the last 2 nights been extra cranky. She wasn't sleeping well at all, woke up every 2-3 hours just want to be held. Then last night, I gave her a bath, nursed her, changed her again since she poop, sang to her, then finally put her in her crib at 8:30. She slept till 6am this morning!! Although she slept till 6am, I still woke up twice last night to make sure that she was alright, and pump since I was so engorge.

julie2007 - June 4

hi ladies - STEF - wow 100 == we are lucky you put this together and have kept us strong! ---- ROBYN congrats on justin sleeping thru the night (albiet not the poop) - i've heard pro's and cons about cereal in the bottle - but i b___stfed the whole time so i am not much help. CYNN - congrats to you for jaz sleeping thru the night - how old is she now? ----- FRANCES i agree with SARA - i like 8-8-8 as a bday too! infact i am wondering how i can get this guy to come out on 6-7-8 not that i am ready now or will be then either!!! but if it's meant to be i'm ok with it. ----- on that note - i have to go get ready for kayla's ballet cla__s - and then to the OB 's i have had a headache all night long & barely slept. (hoping it's just anxiety about whether we are having him tomorrow or not!!) -- but yesterday i had 2 sets of white twinkling light sort of stuff in my eyes - kinda like the little sparklers you hold on 4th of july - it was on 2 separate occasions but it freaked me a little - and i am definitely going to mention it today at the appt. i am sure it was just anxiety over the unknown of this happening tomorrow or not. i have to pack a bag when i get home today - just in case. ok off to ballet & the doctors appt - could be the last pregnant one - not sure - but hoping it's not. --- big hello to everyone!!

FrancesM - June 4

Julie, sounds like a spike in your blood pressure. I remember Robyn talking about it. Robyn AND Cynn, congrats on the little ones for sleeping thru the night! Amazing! I hope it sticks! 8-8-8 would be a cool day for ABJj to come esp since 8 is my favorite number. We shall see how it goes the next few weeks. I have a "pro" question too. I will be 32 weeks next week (wow) and they are going to start the non stress tests on a weekly basis, is that normal? I know that some if not all of you had them. I just wanted to make sure that is what I should expect right now. Thanks!

saramcg - June 4

JULIE- I hear ya on the 6-7-8 being a VERY cute b-day! I bet there are a lot of weddings on that day too!!! Plus it being a saturday! 8-8-8 is a Friday, so I would imagine that day is booked too! Good luck at the docs today...I hope that everything works out the way that you want it to. I cant believe that it could be tomorrow! CYNN and ROBYN, so glad that your little ones are sleeping through the night! it makes such a difference when mom can get 6-8 hours straight!

saramcg - June 4

Hey FRANCES- I never had to do NST's but they can't hurt. it is probably because you have been going to the high-risk doc. But hey, they may make the weeks go by faster for you. I know that going to weekly appts has really helped me along! OH and have fun at your shower this weekend- I meant to tell you that earlier.

cynnababy - June 4

8-8-08 will be so cool!!! Especially for Chinese! 8 is a lucky number for Chinese, it sounds like Fortune and Prosperity in Cantonese. My nephew was born on 8/8/02. Julie, take it easy!!

ROBYN - June 4

JULIE - ooh that sparkly thing in front of your eyes in the HBP sweety thats not a great sign i hate to tell ya everytime i had that happen i would take my b/p to only find it spiked up waaaay high. So please take it easy. I think 6/7/8 is really cool. Oh an FRANCES - 8 is definitely my fav number especially with my nascar and Dale Jr. Though hes not 8 anymore 88 is the new number which is even better. I was excited Justin being born with 8's in his b-day especially the day after Daytona. Ok i am just a little redneck LOL. OH the NSTs are no big deal AT ALL i had tons of them. They are just gonna monitor the h/r and contractions if any no biggie its kinda cool actually. They will just strap 2 straps to your belly the baby might move more with it on your belly it kinda annoys them but its a great way to monitor things. When i did it at the peris office i was on it for 30 -45 min and at the hospital it was several hours. CYNN - congrats on your Jaz sleeping thru the night also. I think mine is a fluke LOL though hes a pretty good sleeper for the most part at night only waking 1 - 2 times a night. OH JULIE - yeah i heard also about pros/cons with the cereal in the bottle as well. Who the heck knows whats the best to do soooo many people do it with no problems i know the pedi is going to start him on cereal when we visit him on the 19th. But it will be starting him with a spoon. Hes eating 36 - 40 ounces a day so hes a hungry little man. I will try the cereal one more time tonite just giving him 1/2 tsp instead of a whole and see if it happens again or if it sustains him like it did last night.

FrancesM - June 4

Robyn, thanks for the scoop on the nst. Sara, wonder if you will have to have them now cause of your cervix...Robyn, Johns daughter had food in her bottle at 2 WEEKS! She was starving and was not satisfied on formula alone. If it gives him a full belly to make it thru the night I say go for it! Good luck tonight. I hope you don't have diaper change duty in the middle of the night! LOL That is funny about Dale Jr...Cynn, thanks for the interpretation on the 8's. Very cool!

ROBYN - June 4

FRANCES - thanks also on the info for the cereal my sis started both daughters at like 3 weeks though just a little too young for me she did and they are both surviving well and healthy. lily will be 1 at the end of the month and Madison is going to be 4 in Sept. so people do whatever works. Like i mentioned i will try it one more time if it gives a problem again i am done till he sees the pedi.

ROBYN - June 4

OK i know i havent shut up about the stupid cereal in the bottle but i did some more research and i am not going to put cereal in his bottle i feel more comfortable waiting to see the pedi and i just dont know if its good to put it in his bottle from what i am reading. I know tons of people do it but what if digestively his body isnt ready yet and i am giving him something technically he doesnt need yet. So my gut says no and i am going to listen to myself. Ok now i feeling better talking to myself LOL vent over....

FrancesM - June 4

LOL at Robyn, talk it out girl, talk it out! LOL That is cool to wait and talk to the pedi. That way you can be 100%!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?