AFP Test Results Of 1 180 For A 30 Year Old

9 Replies
MC - July 17

I had gotten these results two days ago and am so freaked out for this is my first pregnancy. I go for an ultrasound tomorrow. Has anyone been in my shoes? I know those AFP test can be false-positive.

KB - June 7

I am in your shoes exactly. I got my news today 1:202 chance for Downs. The nurse told me not to worry (yeah,right)because it could be a miscalculation of my due date. I will tell you what I have been telling myself since I got the news: try and remain calm until the ultrasound; chances are everything's ok since 90% of the false positive results produces a healthy baby. Good luck!!!!

Michelle - June 12

I amm 33 and pregnant with my second child and also got a positive result for NTD risk of 1:254, I can't stop crying and have to wait 3 more days until my scan. I just pray alot. All the best....

Natalie - June 14

I am 30 years old expecting 4th child. Three weeks ago at 17 weeks, I was told my chances were 1:120 Level II ultrasound looked good, I was too scarred to do an amnio. Seeing the ultrasound helped me to bond to my baby, regardless of the outcome, however it is on my mind continually and I find myself wanting more ultra sounds to re a__ssure me.

Paula - July 2

I got my AFP results and they were 1: 147 for a 31 year old. The doctor said there was nothing toworry about. I will do another ultrasound next week. What do you think? Good luck to all!

Angie - July 5

im 28 and got a 1 in 59 chance of a baby with ds. I'm praying its wrong

Angie - July 6

I go for my amnio tommarow and very scared not really the test itself but what the result could be. Does anyone have a risk close to mine that turned out ok 1 in 59 for down syndrome. I have a healthy 6 year old son and only 28 years old with no family history on my husband side or mine. I just don't understand.Good luck to everyone.

ML - July 8

I am 34 and my 1st pregnancy;I know exactly what you are going through, I got a 1;110 for D/S. I couldnt go through with the amnio I did'n want to risk having a miscarriage and losing my baby. but I can't stop thinking about it either. Good Luck and I will pray for all of us.

SR - July 17

You guys have great odds of having a healthy child. My odds came back 1/10 for DS. I' 43 and my usual odds wouls be 1/38. I have to wait 9 days for my U/S. I've been freaking out!!

Kelly - July 17

I got my results back 2 days ago, I'm 25 and they said I need to go for an ultrasound for Downs. I'm freaking out and praying ALOT! Best of luck to everyone in this situation!

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?