How Long -pg120094860933

3 Replies
Maho - January 21

Hi Ladies, Does anyone know how long I should wait from the day of conception to take an "at home" pregnancy test? I took one the morning after possible "conception" and it was negative - is this too soon? If so, how long do I have to wait?

JulenChris - January 21

Taking an hpt the day after possible conception is definitely too soon! The general rule is to wait until you miss your period however there are hpt tests that can detect hcg in your urine "5 days earlier"...at least that's what they say. But try and wait for your next period, if AF doesn't show then go ahead and test. Best wishes!

mjvdec01 - January 22

Wait two weeks and then test, in most cases that is enough time. When you do test make sure to buy a name brand test. First Response is the best. Don't buy a cheapie, they just don't work well all of the time. Good luck to you!

joey - January 22

Hi Maho, With my first baby I didn't get a positive until 22DPO!..... I just tested today and got a positive (this will be my second pregnant) and I'm only 11DPO this time. So just deoends really..but...I completly understand how ANNOYING the wait is! Just test whenever but I wouldn't reccommend any earlier than 10DPO because it'll be negative almost definitely...I lucked out this time.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?