I Need Answers Pg1280703499

5 Replies
all4love206 - August 1

My last period was June 18th. I have taken several HPT but all said negative. I have alot of the pregnancy symptoms though. I went to my gyno and he did a urine test and it was also negative, so he says i'm not pregnant. He did blood work to check my thyroids and stuff and I am now waiting on those results. He also gave me medicine to start my period, but I feel bad when I take them because I honestly think I am pregnant. I have never been late or missed a period until now. Please someone help! Could I still be pregnant?

Mommosita - August 3

Did your doctor give you a blood test? There are two types. A quant_tative blood test measures the exact amount of hCG in your blood. Qualitative hCG blood tests just check to see if the pregnancy hormone is present or not. So it gives a yes or no answer. The qualitative hCG blood test is about as accurate as a urine test. I take it that your period was due about July 18. If you still haven't started by tomorrow, that would make you what, 14 days late, right? Some women have very low HCG levels early on, and if you got one of the less sensitive home pregnancy tests, then there is a chance your HCG level is too low to have been recognized on the test. You could buy one of the first response type tests, which are more expensive. Those cost more, because detect HCG hormones at a lower level than the regular tests. Since you are already in contact with your doctor, I would ask for a quant_tative blood test. Some labs have different levels that they use for the qualitative tests, and again, if you have low levels, you could be pregnant but the test might show you aren't. I went through this a few times before I finally got pregnant with this baby. I would be late, and be positive that I was pregnant because I felt pregnant. I mean, I had sore b___bs! Then I would take a test and it would be negative. Because I had a history of early miscarraiges (because of low progestrone levels) it was very important to find out early if I was pregnant, so that I could get on progestrone. If you do an internet search, you will find tons of forum posts from other mothers who were pregnant, but had lots of negative tests. They went on to have healthy babies. Get the quant_tative test, and if that is negative, than no, you aren't pregnant, despite your symptoms. I understand how frustrating this can be, so finding out yes or no would be a huge relief, even if the answer turns out to be that you are not pregnant (that is if you want to be). There are lots of reasons why you might be late, but you might not ever find out why. It could be age, stress, weight loss, or it could happen for other medical reasons. I have been almost 12 days late, had negative tests, and not known what is going on. Eventually, my coworkers and I realized it was happening to at least two of us at once. So, it could be that our cycles were getting wonky as they tried to synchronize. You said your doc gave you medicine to start your period, have you taken it at all? How long are you supposed to take it? Do you want to talk about your feelings about this stuff? If so, I like to listen, so you have an ear if you need that. I don't mean like really listen as in a phone call, but I'd be happy to read whatever you want to share, and give you feedback. Best of luck, keep us posted.

all4love206 - August 3

No, he didn't give me a blodd test. He said since the urine test was negative that I am not pregnant. And I am taking the medicine he gave me. I take it for 10 days and if I haven't started 2 days after I finish then I have to go back. If I don't start then I am going to get him to do a blood test. I have just never had any problems before and all of the sudden this month I randomly have something wrong. I wasn't trying to get pregnant, but it wouldn't bother me if I was. And I would rather be pregnant than have something wrong with me.

Mommosita - August 3

My son's girlfriend was almost 45 days late, and went through what it sounds like you are going through. Eventually she started, but it was maddening in the meantime, because she thought something was wrong, or was worried she was pregnant. We all worried. There is probably nothing wrong with you, seriously, if you think about statistics, it makes more sense that stress is causing you to be late, than it would that something terrible is wrong. There is nothing wrong, and you will eventually start your period. Women who have serious problems see a progression of symptoms over time. One missed period in years of being regular is not a sign of serious problems, and so you shouldn't worry!

nicolax - August 4

I knw how you feel very frustrating. My situation is LMP was the 1st May they have been always regular coming every 28-30days. Iv went to the doctors constantly for urine test and blood work all negative. They tested my hormne levels next which showed my progestrogen was a little low and referring me for a scan. But on the 31st July had very little broen spotting then tht stopped and then on the 2nd had light pink blood notur usual period which comes intermitant, im not to sure if its implantation bleeding. Me ad my husband TTC our 2nd child, jst hate the waiting constatntly pa__sed about jst for an answer.

all4love206 - August 4

thanks for the help. i am now on day 6 of the medicine. still nothing. so i guess be next week around this time i should know something new!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?