Is It Too Soon To Know Pg1243640312

1 Replies
Tritchierice - May 29

My husband and I are trying to conceive. I used an ovulation kit and had intercourse on the day the kit said I was ovulating. That was a week ago. I went to the ER last night for a shoulder injury and they asked if I was pregnant incase they needed to do X-rays. I told them that my husband and I were trying to conceive, so they had me submit a urine sample. The urine test provided a negative pregnacy result. I think it's a little to early to tell if I am pregnant by doing a urine test. Can they ( medical professionals ) indeed tell that you are pregnant even if you are just one week?

HappyAsh - May 30

Yes and no. A blood test is the most acurate, however, since it was only a week ago, you are right it is much too soon. First the egg gets fertalized, then it implants itself on your uterus(sp?) After implantation, then your body starts producting HCG, and that is what shows up on a test. A urine test is much less sensitive, which means the pregnancy hormone won't show up on that for a while. But a blood test will show up about a week after implantation. So you should just sit back and wait until period is due and then test. That would be much more accurate.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?