Need Advice-pg112861275418

2 Replies
alicia1006 - October 6

i started birth control pills on the 29th of August... well i normally get my period every 21 days after my last one... this time my period came 24 days after my last one in september... so i bought a "first response early pregnancy" test which had 2 tests instead of 1... i took the first test on September 23rd and it came out negative... so i waited until September 25th with the first morning urine and it came out negative... so i went and bought an "accu-clear" hpt at Target which had 2 tests instead of 1... i took the test on September 27th and it came out negative.... so i waited until October 2nd and took the second test first thing in the morning and it came out negative... i went to the doc monday and she said that hpt are pretty well reliable and that she didnt think i was pregnant and wouldnt give me a blood test... and i dont really have any pregnancy symptoms except for instead of having my period 21 days after my last one it came 24 days after my last one.... so my question is are hpt pretty well reliable and accurate?

BGZ - October 6

Firstly, so long as you were taking your birth control pills faithfully and promptly, then you have virtually no chance of pregnancy. Secondly, menstruals can change. Thirdly, most importantly, you took four h.p.t's. All which came out negative. You even spaced the timing between the tests to further guarantee no pregnancy. H.P.T's are very reliable so long as you take them around the time you are expecting your period, no sooner, which you did. You even took it afterwards to further guaranteed. Each and every one of the tests came out negative. Like the doctor says, they are reliable. Don't worry yourself. Just remember take the pills faithfully and promptly and you won't get pregnant.

alicia1006 - October 6

thanks for the advice... i appreciate it... =)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?