Questions Pg1289490461

12 Replies
sheena1 - November 11

I am lost on what could possibly be going on, 11/4/10 I had an hcg qualitative test- the results say I am pregnant. Then my doc ordered the quant_tative test ( the that tell you an actual number) this was 11/6/10 and the result was a 6. My ob doc is now telling me I am not pregnant.... SO I am at a total loss!! I have not had the level checked again and they will not see me until near the end of next week (he stated he is confidant that I am going to start my period). I am confused at what could possibly be going on!! I think I am very early and my doc is not listening to what I am telling him. Any Advise??

lindsey2000k - November 11

Sounds like you may have had a very early miscarriage. I am sorry Other possibility is some tests say anything over 5 is pregnant.... but when you run the test that showes you acualy numbers anything over 25 is considered pregnant. I have had 2 miscarriages and done tons of HCG tests to I kinda learned a little about them. It sucks your DR did not explain this to you. I would find a new DR or Midwife now before you acually do become pregnant, you dont want to have a delivery where you do not know whats happening.

Have you taken a HPT?

sheena1 - November 11

Not sure if my phone sent the message... anyway.. Yeah it does suck about my doc, everytime I call his office his staff makes me feel like I am bothering him, so I contacted my pcp today to see if there were any other tests that could be done. What is a HPT? I was also told by my pcp and ob that I have may have "caught" it too early and that is why nothing is showing up. So I was considering another HCG quant_tative bc to be honest with you I am tired of wondering what is going on. I just want an answer!

First find a new DR office!!! I had to change in the middle of a miscarriage because of how rude they were to me. HPT = Home Pregnancy Test. I think you had a early miscarriage... its very common 1 in 4 pregnancys end this way and most people never know they had one because it happens so close to there period they never had a change to know they were late yet and test. Have you had a period yet?

sheena1 - November 11

OH Duh lol, I am new to this and it wasn't planned, no I havent done one yet, because the blood tests keep coming back positive. No I have not have my period yet.

Now you are confusing me..lol So you had another blood test and it was positive? When was your last period? I would go get a cheap dollar store test.

sheena1 - November 11

I was told by my ob's office staff that I would have pain and horrible pain if it was tubal, along with bleeding. None of this has happened. I only did the blood because of how I was feeling and because I'm about 2-3 weeks late and I just had "a feeling".

sheena1 - November 11

Ok, The first blood test I had was just telling me yes you are or no you are not. about 2 days after that I had the blood test that tell the # amount of hcg in blood and its 6. I will def go get a hpt.

If you are that late you would for sure get a positive even on the cheap tests. Blood shoud have started big numbers about 3-4 weeks ago. My period is due Sunday or Monday and I have negative tests so I think I am not pregnant and that is 4 days before my period is due. If that tells you how sensitive tests are. But I am trying to get pregnant and just had a miscarriage at 9 weeks last month.

sheena1 - November 11

Last menses was in late September.

Were you regualer before? Just quit birth control? So if you were pregnant you could be 5-7 weeks along because October had an extra week in it. I am still thinking early miscarriage or chemical pregnancy. Because blood would have totally picked that up this late. BUT... DRs can be wrong Grab a HPT and update me on the results. Now that this has happened are you hoping to be pregnant? The baby I just lost was an opps but once I got the idea in my head I want so bad to get pregnant again.

sheena1 - November 11

Yeah I was reg before, I think the birth control may have failed or its just a fluke. I was kinda getting used to the idea, but I am the type of person who beleives everything happens for a reason. I am just worried that something else is going on, so I am starting to worry more. lol I will def update you. Thank you so much! and Good luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?