When Can I Take A Pregnancy Test-pg114900093918

1 Replies
shinycharms - May 30

Hi, i am just wondering if anyone can help me. I would like to know when would be the best time to take a pregnancy test. I have read and heard that the best time to take it is a week after your missed period start date. However, i have never had regular periods and i can sometimes go 3-5 months with no period, so i never actually know when my period is due, therefore do not know when would be the best time to take a test. I have been to the doctors about my periods and i was told i have polycystic ovaries and therefore know its very unlikely that i will fall pregnant so easily, but i still would like to know if anyone knows when the ideal time would be for me to take a home pregnancy test. If anyone can help i would be truly grateful. Thank you. Carina

mystic_cystic - June 6

I also have PCOS, and have gone an entire year with 2 or fewer periods, only to be caught up in a 13 day period... The likelyhood of dropping an egg is slim... however, one generally can take a blood pregnancy test three and then five days after implantation... and a urine pregnancy test approximately 21 days after the first day of your last period. If you aren't having periods, that time where you aren't having them is anovulatory, as in, no egg drop, no uterine wall shedding. I definately know all about the struggle to concieve with PCOS, and as we speak, I am staring at my own negative urine test strip with an odd mix of denial, disappointment, and a faint guilty sense of relief. But, given that our cystic periods are so few and far between, it could be that our cycle length is up to 45 days, as opposed to the average 21 day menstrual cycle, which would mean that we ovulate midway between the first days of the last and next period, in which case, its basically a lot of guess work. If you are having pregnancy symptoms, I would say go ahead and visit a doctor, and have 2 blood pregnancy tests taken 48 hours apart... And if they are negative, speak to your doctor. The hormone changes could all be chalked up to basic PCOS blues, or even medications that you might be taking FOR the PCOS. Also, to try to stimulate periods without going through hormone treatments and fertility drugs and injections, you can try taking a low dose of aspirin daily to thin your uterine blood, and also thin the blood of the cysts. I hope all of this has been helpful, and I also hope that your results come about the way that you want them to. god bless. .xox.shay.xox.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?