Amniocentesis-pg111946466818

3 Replies
Ann - June 22

Okay. So I am trying to decide whether or not I should have my Amniocentesis. I am not at any risk, there’s no medical history on either side to persuade me to do so BUT, I think it would comforting to both my husband and I to know just in case... not that it would deter us from the pregnancy either way. We would just like to be prepared if there will be a problem. Am I alone here? I’m just curious if any other not-at-risk moms out there have had an amnio done or am I just silly?

Nikki - June 22

Will they even do one....if your not at risk....they can find that out through blood and if something comes back through the blood test then they would opt for you to have one....there are risk even though they are small of having those done....I would see what your doc says about it and just do the blood if that comes back with a percentage then I would do one....up to you though how far along are you....

kim j - June 22

I PERSONALLY WOULD NOT DO ONE UNLESS YOU ARE AT RISK. SOMETIMES THOSE CAN CAUSE A MISCARRIAGE. IF BABY SEEMS HEALTHY THEN DONT WORRY. MOST LIKELY ALL IS WELL.

D - June 22

I wouldn't take it unless the blood test indicated a high risk. There is a very small risk of miscarriage, or like one of the women in the third trimester forum, a risk of losing all the amniotic fluid... And although the chance is extremely low, I don't know if I could live with myself if I was in that little percent. Personally, I opted not to take the blood test either... too many false positives. There's an ultrasound that you may want to see if you can get that is a very good way to see if there are problems without the risk of the amnio. I believe its called the transnuchal ultrasound. Its supposed to be very accurate.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?