Baby Kicking-pg120335247727

2 Replies
debrastone - February 18

I was wondering how often i should be feeling the baby kick and how long i should go without worrying if i dont feel any kicking and when i should seek medical attention if i dont feel anything

bean - February 18

How far along are you? If you're asking this in the 2nd trimester forum, I'll a__sume you're in the 2nd trimester, and you probably won't be feeling the baby moving much yet at all. It's not until near the end of your pg that your dct will instruct you to do a "kick-count" or track how often you feel baby movement. If I remember correctly, it should be about once an hour or so. But if you don't feel movement (and it's not really "kicking" - it can be anything - an elbow, the hiccups, etc), you'll be instructed to do something like drink orange juice, go for a walk, or simply change your position (sitting too long on the couch or at your desk, perhaps?) to see if that wakes the baby up and gets him or her moving again. If you don't feel anything at all for a day or so - and you're close to the end of your pg (like weeks 30-40), then you can get nervous and give your dct a call. They may have you come in and give you a stress test, which is just a belt wrapped around your belly that monitors the baby's movement, heartbeat, and other stuff. For now, don't worry about it - or at least try not to.

sarah21 - February 19

I felt my first baby movement at 18 weeks exactly (first time mom here). After that I only felt a little something every 3 days. Then it was every 2 days. Then finally around 26 weeks I started feeling something every day. Now I'm 35 weeks and she rarely quits moving. Enjoy the peace while you have it!! :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?