Bleeding-pg119958375639

3 Replies
Nervousmommy2b - January 5

Hey ladies! I hope everyone is doing good and all the babies are growing perfectly! I know this question has been asked a million times but I still haven't found the answer yet. Is it normal to spot a little bit after s_x? It was just a little but it was bright red. I am having no other discomforts, but I just wanted to make sure I shouldn't call my doctor. Thanks for the help!

Cevvin - January 5

yes it is normal to spot after s_x. Your cervix is so full of blood just like the rest of our bodies during pregnancy. And it gets iritated and pops a few blood vessels. if you spot during s_x, you will more than like spot when you start getting your internal exams later in pregnancy. Call your doc if you get worried about it to much, or it gets worse. Good luck

ChattyKathy - January 5

Yes, this sounds normal to me, for all the reasons Cevvin said. If you were to mention this to your doctor he/she would probably ask you if you had recently had intercourse. Its pretty common and nothing to worry about.

Rachel29 - January 5

Hi Nervousmommy2b, I have spotted after s_x myself, so I can totally relate (it's TERRIFYING). You're probably fine, but like the other girls said, you might feel a lot better just to call your doctor. Oh, and what helped me some with the spotting issue is to use a lot of lube, and just stay in positions that only allow shallow penitration. I don't know if that will work for you, but it has helped since my spotting episode, so maybe it will help you too. Not that I've really had s_x but like two times since, and that was several weeks ago! Even though the doctor says it's fine, I'm still really nervous! Good luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?