Braxton Hicks-pg112699115418

4 Replies
amanda - September 17

I am 21 weeks and I think I am having braxton hicks contractions. It feels like my lower uterus gets tight for about 20-30 seconds. I first felt it off and on around 14 weeks and dismissed it. The last 3 days I have been having them everyday allday. At night they are worse. My nurse said to call if I had more than 6 in an hour. Does this seem normal? Thanks - Amanda

pbj - September 17

They're totally normal to feel from 20 weeks on; I don't know about 14 weeks, unless this isn't your first...in which case I think you may feel them earlier. If they start to annoy you, they should go away if you lie down. Yes, call if you have more than 6 an hour.

Gina - September 17

I have them too all the time. Walking up stairs, s_x, getting up, any reason. This is my 5th baby and I always had them right from the get go. Even before 14 weeks.

amanda - September 18

Gina, how often do you have them. Last night I timed 7 in an hour. It seems like they are constant.

To Amanda - September 18

You should be calling your Dr. I had these frequently during my first pregnancy ( my Dr. told me more than 4 per should be of concern) and sure enough I was Dialating from them. They put me on bed rest till I reached 36 weeks. At which time I went into labor. Do not take these lightly. The best remedy is- call your Dr., lay down on your left side, and drink plenty of fluids. Good luck.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?