Breast Question-pg114495811218

5 Replies
alverran - April 13

Hello Ladies. I have a strange question. I am currently at 22 weeks with my first pregnancy. My Dr. appointment was postponed until next week. My br___ts seem to be seeping a bit of liquid. Sometimes it is clear other times it is yellow. Is this normal at this stage in pregnancy? Has anyone had the same thing happen to them? It actually started earlier, but has become more noticable now. Any information is greatly apprerciated. Thank you.

amyn - April 13

I'm not that far along yet, but in my book "what to expect when you are expecting" that is normal. I think it said its the first liquid your baby will have when first nursed. I think it helps build immunities, etc. Here I found this: What you may be experiencing: After five or six months, many women leak colostrum, a thick, creamy-white or yellowish discharge that is produced before b___st milk. This is simply a sign that your b___sts are preparing for lactation. Rich in protein and antibodies, colostrum has less fat and sugar than mature milk, which comes in a few days after delivery. It's great for your newly born baby, who gains protection against disease and bacterial infection from the colostrum as he or she b___stfeeds during the first few days of life. What helps: There's nothing you can do to stop the leakage, so you may want to wear nursing pads inside your bra to prevent spotting on your shirt.

iakram - April 13

hi ! yes it's quite normal i believe the stuff that is coming out is called colostrum. the yellow liquid is what comes just before the actual milk. i didn't leak that early but towards the end with my first preg i would have the colostrum leak. i'm in my 2nd preg 24 weeks and haven't noticed it yet. don't worry it's all but normal! but i'm sure some women will atest to it this early. hope this helps. oh this is what i found Many women experience some leakage of colostrum during pregnancy, often beginning around the fifth or sixth month. Other women never leak colostrum, though it is still being produced within their b___sts. Your body will produce colostrum for your new baby during her first three to four days of life, transitioning into mature milk by the time she is about two weeks old. There is no reason to worry about your colostrum being "used up." Milk is made within your b___sts as your baby nurses. She will have all she needs if she is put to your b___st early and often. Best of luck with your baby-to-be

alverran - April 13

Thank you amyn and iakram. I feel so clueless sometimes. I wasn't sure if this was too early. It certainly seemed like it for me. didn't mention that I am living overseas, so it makes it more difficult to stay connected with people at home. I really appreciate this forum and your knowledge.

iakram - April 13

heh heh i think amy and i were posting at the same time lol! glad i could help. it's weird isn't it the things our bodies are doing to prepare for the little one? anyhow where are you overseas if you don't mind me asking?

alverran - April 15

Hello iakram I am living in Northern Italy right now. Not so bad, but the hospitals are different than our "plush" American hospitals.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?