Coloscopy -pg112908651718

4 Replies
amber - October 11

Coloscopy when like 30 weeks or more pregnant is this normal that far into pregnancy??? Should it be waited till after baby?

?? - October 12

Do you mean a colposcopy? All they do for that is look at your cervix with a lighted microscope, they don't touch you at all. Unless they have to do a biopsy and I don't know if they will do those when you are pregnant or not.

Marlene - October 12

I'm actually going to get a colposcopy done tomorrow. I will be 16wks 5days. They said it will be very uncomfortable but not pain. If your 30wks you can maybe talk to the doctor about just waiting until baby is born. Just dont let them do a biopsy.Goodluck

:( - October 12

i had to have one of those done, and they told me it would be " uncomfortable" not painful... they lied, it was awful

?? - October 13

I don't know who you all had do your colposcopy, but the procedure is actually painless. They don't do a thing to you, all they do is insert the speculum just like in a normal exam, and look at your cervix through these lighted binocular looking things. The only thing that can be painful is the biopsy. My colposcopy lasted all of like 30 seconds, if that, and it was completely painless.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?