Concerned -pg114845174518

3 Replies
HunnieBunch - May 24

ok.....last july I had a miscarriage and it was really hard. I am now 21 weeks pregnant and I am worried about losing this baby still. I had to have a d&c last year and I heard that having a d&c can cause an incompetent cervix. What are the signs I need to look for? Do I need to worry?

Neets - May 24

Hi. My situation is the same as yours. Unless your doctor has confirmed you have, ther's so point in worrying unless you have to. You've reached 21 weeks, so this is obviously a very good sign!! I', almost 19wk & all's well. Good luck, and stop worrying unduly.

Mandy1984 - May 24

HEY HUNNIE I also had a m/carriage around the same time as you (last June), I am 20+ weeks pregnant again, I have never heard that a D&C could cause an incompetent cervix?? But as Neets said you are 21 weeks now and it will more than likely be plain sailing from here on in!!! Having a miscarriage takes the joy, happiness and innoncence from any future pregnancies, but try not to worry too much :) Take care x

SuzieQ - May 24

Hi, I'm in the same boat too - d&c at 13 wks last year and now 21 wks along. I was worried about incompetent cervix too, but am hopoing I am past that point soon. As far as I know, if you start bleeding for a few days, then call your doc. I wouldn't worry too much though - apparently once these babies grab on, they really hold on! :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion